939     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 831     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 336     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this get a conviction in court? Of course not. You need evidence. In the absence of the video it is circumstantial, no matter who saw it, and what they claim.

I never said it was a hoax. Like I've repeated many times, I don't think a video will ever surface (trust me, if it exists I'd really like to see it).
We're not in a court of law. This is being played out in the court of public opinion.

Ford can sue the Star if he wants a legal judgement.

Would this get a conviction in court? Of course not. You need evidence. In the absence of the video it is circumstantial, no matter who saw it, and what they claim.

We aren't in a court, and you are pretending that the circumstantial has zero value, when it indeed doesn't. There is an investigation going on, and to suggest the media cannot do so undermines the entire concept of freedom of the media. If Rob Ford is completely innocent of any wrong doing of any kind in regards to any incident pertaining to this video, then it will come out as such if and when it van be proven in public.

In the meantime, we have the circumstantial evidence. Even if we can dismiss what we do know about Rob Ford (which is difficult), do I think the the people who have seen the contents of the video are lying? Not really. And if they aren't lying...something is up.

Like I've repeated many times, I don't think a video will ever surface

I don't think anyone who has no first hand knowledge of those directly involved (like you or I) can say one way or another.

We're not in a court of law. This is being played out in the court of public opinion.

Ford can sue the Star if he wants a legal judgement.

And Ford will win the next election. Same way he won the last won. Funny how the loser then, a legitimate self proclaimed coke head who squandered billions in public money is lauded by the looney left.

Gosh, I hope not, as I've owned one for several years...

There isn't a commonly-used way to move a video directly off an iPhone to some other physical media. There are some more geeky ways, but I'd classify those as involving mad IT skillz. Perhaps we're just using different criteria.

Well your worst nightmares have come true, because I think the iPhone has you confused. Every time you plug your phone in to your computer to charge it, it'll back up what's on it.

Let me tell you what happened to my girlfriend: She left her purse alone for two minutes at the Eaton Center Food Court (not on purpose), and it went missing. She went to Lost + Found, and her bag was there - without the iPhone in it. She went out and bought a new iPhone. Despite the fact that she never actually imported anything into iTunes (she is a PC User, so no iPhoto shit), the first time she plugged it in to her computer, everything was back.

Anonymoose did a great overview of the ease with which one transfers anything off the iPhone (to summarize - "plug it in and click OK") so I won't bother going over the options. But rest assured you're wrong about the "mad IT skillz" needed to get the video off the phone.

And Ford will win the next election. Same way he won the last won. Funny how the loser then, a legitimate self proclaimed coke head who squandered billions in public money is lauded by the looney left.

Funny how you avoid the very clear statement by GenerationW - "Ford can sue The Star if he wants a legal judgement." You're pulling a Doug Ford here - ignore the clear and concise and very true point that was made in favour of some generic insults/populist phrases.

I didn't vote for either, and I'm not a looney anything.

As for Ford's chances, I'm not counting him out, though assuming he runs I'll bet there's no chance he wins going away again.

Anonymoose did a great overview of the ease with which one transfers anything off the iPhone (to summarize - "plug it in and click OK") so I won't bother going over the options. But rest assured you're wrong about the "mad IT skillz" needed to get the video off the phone.

I guess very old or very young people might not know about importing pics and videos from a camera or smartphone. Very old, because they just don't know about anything to do with computers and very young because they are used to just "sharing" everything through social media. But you'd think that in any group of teenagers/twentysomethings, there'd be at least one person who knows how get pics and videos off of a smartphone the "old-fashioned way".

Honestly, I'm amazed at some of the things people don't know about Windows who've been in IT for decades, so I guess anything's possible. But even my 60-something relatives know how to get pics and videos off of a digital camera, and even if they didn't know it works the same way with an iPhone, chances are they'd find out by accident when they plugged it in to their PC.

Funny how you avoid the very clear statement by GenerationW - "Ford can sue The Star if he wants a legal judgement." You're pulling a Doug Ford here - ignore the clear and concise and very true point that was made in favour of some generic insults/populist phrases.

Yes he can sue them. And he would win. I would personally sue them. And if they didn't show that video they would be in some serious trouble.

Yes he can sue them. And he would win. I would personally sue them. And if they didn't show that video they would be in some serious trouble.

Who would sue whom for what exactly?

The two Star reporters are just saying what they saw in a video they were shown. And since they could get the Gawker guy to back up their story, I don't see how Rob Ford could prove they are lying about it.

I personally don't think Rob does crack, but I do think he's more than dumb enough to get drunk and goof off and do something as stupid as pretending to smoke crack with a bunch of morons he managed to find himself hanging out with for god knows what reason (just like the photo with the deceased kid).

Add whatever else he saying or doing in the video, and it doesn't really matter if he's actually smoking crack or not...he obviously wouldn't want the public to see the contents of the video, as it would be incredibly embarrassing.

But then again, look what has already blown up in his face...and he's survived it.

Which is why we shouldn't be assuming anything. Ford is not suing for a reason.

Going through a law suit requires being open to the probability that in digging deep to unearth buried info on your foe, even more will be found about you.

An educated guess is that the Fords will invoke "the good of the family" and keeping them out of the spotlight as reason for not filing.

An educated guess is that the Fords will invoke "the good of the family" and keeping them out of the spotlight as reason for not filing.

I agree, and who knows what skeletons may fall out of the Ford family closet.

Last edited:
I wonder if RF has bought the iphone/video in question? Surely he knows who these guys are--perhaps even through his football coaching?

re: the G&M's DF allegations: 100% true according to someone who grew up in Etobicoke in the '80s. This person says everyone knew about it.

Could RF be elected again? Absolutely. He's not as dumb as the MSM makes him out to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back