News   Aug 09, 2024
 684     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 2.9K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy friggen' crap.

Wasn't the fellow in the photo murdered over two months ago? John Cook of Gawker doesn't say when he came to Toronto to view the video, but I'm pretty sure the two Toronto Star reporters claimed they viewed it in the past six weeks, 10 days ago when the story was printed.

MetroMan, wake-up!!!!

Edit: Surely the Toronto Star reporters would know if the murdered fellow in the picture with Rob Ford was the one who showed them the recording, even though the timeline doesn't match up.

They probably talked to the murderer.

Timeline:

Video is filmed by diceased kid
Murdered for video
Video shopped around by Somali murderers, reporters unaware of murder
Current events that we are aware about

The guy in the photo accompanying the video (Anthony Smith) was shot in the club district on March 28th, long before the video surfaced. On April 4th, Nisar Hashimi was charged with first degree murder in the case. So, the alleged murderer has not "gone to ground," so much as he's "gone to the Don Jail to await trial." The Globe story is vague so far -- I wish they would have specified which murder they were actually talking about, as if it was indeed the killing of Anthony Smith, the timeline seems off.

Last edited:
You guys are reading this way differently than I am.

In the article it says "The tip came into the mayor’s office shortly after reports surfaced in the Toronto Star and on Gawker.com regarding the existence of a video allegedly showing Mr. Ford smoking crack cocaine... The informant in the mayor’s office purported to know the address and unit number where the video was being held."

Doesn't that say something more along the lines of... someone in Ford's office (Price?) was tipped off to the exact whereabouts of the video? We also don't know how "recent" the homicide was. But I think it's entirely possible the killing didn't happen at the hands of the guys currently shopping the video around... wouldn't it be as likely that they are shopping it around because of the murder?

In any event, the article is really quite vague...

MetroMan, what do you know??

The guy in the photo accompanying the video (Anthony Smith) was shot in the club district on March 28th, long before the video surfaced. On April 4th, Nisar Hashimi was charged with first degree murder in the case. So, the alleged murderer has not "gone to ground," so much as he's "gone to the Don Jail to await trial." The Globe story is vague so far -- I wish they would have specified which murder they were actually talking about, as if it was indeed the killing of Anthony Smith, the timeline seems off.

So we couldn't possibly be talking about the Anthony Smith case.

What this means is that our mayor, due to his drug habits, has only one degree of separation from 2 murdurs (10% of the murdurs so far this year).

I wish G&M had been more specific about when exactly this second murdur happened. Was it after the Gawker article revealed the existence of the video or before?

Anyways, I don't see how Ford can deny the existence of the video much longer now that we know at least one person has been killed over it.

Last edited:
Plus this is Canada with Canadian laws, not a European country :confused:

CP24 finally addressed the story put up in the Globe earlier this morning just a few minutes ago. They say that Metro Police are investigating a murder and that a staffer in the Mayor's office has been interviewed, they are not releasing his/her name. The reporter is heading over to City Hall now and she said it looks like another busy day there (media wise).

I wish G&M had been more specific about when exactly this second murdur happened. Was it after the Gawker article revealed the existence of the video or before?

It was indeed frustratingly vague.

The Editor of the Globe & Mail was also on CP24 about half an hour ago, he promises that there is more to come (just as MetroMan said)

What a mess. Though in this case the gravity of the crime is no laughing matter - it must rise above the level of investigative journalism.

AoD

The Editor of the Globe & Mail was also on CP24 about half an hour ago, he promises that there is more to come (just as MetroMan said)

This is getting really nuts! This is going to be a hell of a week. I hope we can start it off with the achieving of the crackstarter goal. Gawker needs the money in-hand before the whole thing is going to progress, and hopefully once they become a serious buyer they can work with the police on catching the guys (if it's true that the murder took place in order to steal the video and sell it), or they can get the video out there (if it's true that they are selling it to get back at who ever knocked off the videotaper)

Gads this is bloody ridiculous and it's all becoming very murky, as City Hall is being hijacked to the detriment of this great city. "Business as usual"? Hardly.

I hope the G&M plays a good game in this, because there is so much at stake. I repeat myself, I know, but The Star blew this so badly with so much riding on it ...

I'm also hoping that Gawker has been bluffing and has the video.

Aside-- thanks, G&M, for not giving us Ford mugs on the front page of the printed edition today. The lithe male athlete was a welcomed change.

[EDIT] - I was hoping that the channel would change for a while, so fed up am I with the damned Fords. This is hell. We've found hell.

Last edited:
And Ford will win the next election. Same way he won the last won. Funny how the loser then, a legitimate self proclaimed coke head who squandered billions in public money is lauded by the looney left.

I don't understand conservative obsessions about returning Ford to power- haven't you already seen that he isn't really a conservative but a populist? You should be hitching your name to someone better!

CN Tower: just a little reminder--to call yourself "pro culture" while linking to Canada Free Press is like embracing this as domestic architecture.
What's with these odd pictures of houses? This is far too tenuous a connection to make much sense in a public forum ... seems more like an inside joke that few would get.

So you think a drug dealer is regularly backing up his phone to his computer? I suppose that's possible, but that would be one dumb drug dealer.

As I pointed out previously, one can of course set up one's iPhone to sync physically with a computer, or wirelessly via iCloud. But any drug dealer who has contacts and other info on his phone would be an idiot to do so.

If you set a password on your backup, whatever you sync to your phone is encrypted and unreadable without the password. So syncing to your computer might not be as crazy as you think. Syncing to iCloud would be a dumb idea, I agree.

You sound like a Star reader.
And good for him. It's an excellent newspaper for investigative journalisms. The Sun, 1010, CP24, etc. wouldn't know investigative journalism if it hit them in the face.

And Ford will win the next election.
Good grief, how can anyone possibly say something like this? His polling numbers have been terrible for a long time. And that before he was outed as a druggie, Doug Ford was outed as a former drug dealer, and Randy Ford was outed as a kidnapper. And now there's a murder investigation going on? Is this another person who thinks the Toronto Sun and National Post are left-wing media attacking the mayor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back