1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 867     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 350     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fords wouldn't be the only family involved and that more than anything would keep them quiet.

I signed up just to reply to this. You must have never owned a digital camera in your life, because the procedure for directly transferring photos/videos from an iPhone to a Windows PC or Mac is exactly the same for doing so with a digital camera. If I'm not mistaken, you don't even need iTunes to be installed.

1) Connect USB sync/charge cable to iPhone.
2) Connect other end of cable to the Windows PC or Mac
3) In the case of Windows, a dialog box will pop up asking you if you want to import pictures and videos. In the case of Mac, iPhoto will automatically open if it is installed. Everything in your Camera Roll (photos/videos taken with Camera app and screenshots) will be available for import.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

I own an iPhone, and the first thing that happened when I plugged it in to my Windows PC: the dialog box asking whether I wanted to import pictures and videos came up.

I guess if you classify "connecting my iPhone to a computer using a cable" as "geeky" or "requiring mad IT skillz", you have a point.

Oh, and if you sync with iTunes (whether wirelessly or using a cable), your Camera Roll (photos and videos taken with Camera app, as well as screenshots) are automatically synced to your PC/Mac. To be fair, they are not easily accessible on the PC/Mac at this point (especially if you set a password on your backup.) However, if you were to lose your iPhone, for example, you could buy a new one, re-sync and get all your photos and videos back.

So here's a couple of craaazy scenarios for saving a video from your iphone that don't involve email, Message, or YouTube:
1) iPhone's owner connects iPhone to his computer, clicks on "import pictures and videos" and goes through a few simple steps. The video can now be burned to DVD or copied to a USB memory stick or external hard drive. They could even use dropbox or some other cloud service to backup the video, although this is admittedly risky.
2) iPhone's owner connects iPhone to his computer and syncs with iTunes. The video is now on that computer, in the sync'd backup, although it is admittedly not directly accessible (especially if a password is used on the backup).

Of course all of this assumes that the iPhone's owner has a computer. If they don't, yeah I agree there isn't a safe, non-nerdy way of getting the video off of the iPhone. But if you're talking about transferring to video to some other physical media, I think it's safe to assume a (traditional) computer (e.g. laptop) is in the mix somewhere.
Upload to Dropbox, Sky drive, Google Drive or iCloud. the files would be safe there

Upload to Dropbox, Sky drive, Google Drive or iCloud. the files would be safe there

Yeah, I was going with Tulse's apparent assumption that any kind of upload or transmission of the video over the internet would be unsafe (as he ruled out e-mail and Message). E-mail and Message would actually be bad ideas because the quality of the video would be highly degraded (as opposed to using a cloud backup service).

I guess the real question is, aside from the question of whether or not any of this needs a ton of technical expertise, did the iphone owner have the common sense to take that step? If Rob Ford's camp bought the video from him, would he have agreed to destroy all copies and actually kept his word?

I guess some of our questions might be answered if crackstarter hits $200K. Or we might never find out, either way.

Last edited:
Wow. We've discussed the police getting involved, but to actually have it happen is absolutely incredible. Sit back and enjoy the ride. This is about to get a whole lot more.interesting.

It shows that the cops are following leads. It also implicates Don Bosco which makes a lot of sense. It's the perfect alibi to hang around alleged drug dealers and to go to their homes.

BREAKING:

MURDER LINKED TO ROB FORD VIDEO !

TORONTO POLICE SPOKE TO MAYOR FORD'S SENIOR STAFFER AFTER TIP LINKED KILLING TO ALLEGED DRUG VIDEO

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rug-video/article12163629/#dashboard/follows/

Folks you can't make this stuff up!

The informant in the mayor’s office purported to know the address and unit number where the video was being held.

They went on to say that the video originally belonged to an individual who may have been killed for its potentially valuable contents, according to a source.

Is this why the person who now has possession of the video has "gone to ground" - is he wanted for murder?

Is this why the Fords are so confident that the video will not come out - they know that no media outlet will pay for and release a video obtained by way of murder?

The plot thickens!

Last edited:
I had heard a similar rumour about the murder being somehow connected to the video.

I am hopeful that between the police, the Star, and the Globe someone is going to connect all these dots. It does seem apparent there's a larger story out there.

"They went on to say that the video originally belonged to an individual who may have been killed for its potentially valuable contents, according to a source."

So, who took the video? The guy from the photo who was killed in March outside a club on King St. W? Or someone else? And is that someone else now dead, because of this video?

This plot just thickens every day.

But which murder? The guy in the photo with Rob Ford that was on Gawker?

=/

I suspect that it is in connection with the murder of the guy shown in the photo. It could be that he took the video and he was killed over it. If in fact this is what happened this is explains why the killer has "gone to ground". If true it is astonishing that the Mayor of Toronto could be at the center of a murder!

Holy friggen' crap.

Wasn't the fellow in the photo murdered over two months ago? John Cook of Gawker doesn't say when he came to Toronto to view the video, but I'm pretty sure the two Toronto Star reporters claimed they viewed it in the past six weeks, 10 days ago when the story was printed.

MetroMan, wake-up!!!!

Edit: Surely the Toronto Star reporters would know if the murdered fellow in the picture with Rob Ford was the one who showed them the recording, even though the timeline doesn't match up.

Last edited:
Well your worst nightmares have come true, because I think the iPhone has you confused. Every time you plug your phone in to your computer to charge it, it'll back up what's on it.

So you think a drug dealer is regularly backing up his phone to his computer? I suppose that's possible, but that would be one dumb drug dealer.

As I pointed out previously, one can of course set up one's iPhone to sync physically with a computer, or wirelessly via iCloud. But any drug dealer who has contacts and other info on his phone would be an idiot to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back