127     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 726     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who thinks that Ford shaved his head when he heard that a hair sample could show that he smoked crack?

(I'm not serious... but he looks weird)

What I am curious about is this - if the lawyers suggested he doesn't speak to the public - what has changed in the last week that would alter this advice?

AoD

Well that should put all those scurrilous rumors to rest!

Seriously the only thing that Ford categorically denied was that "he is not a crack addict" which I think is obvious since he would not be over 300 pounds if he was an addict. He did not categorically deny ever having smoked crack just once.

He did not deny being in the presence of gang member. He did not deny calling Justin Trudeau a "F*g" or his football team "a bunch of foreigners".

I have to believe that both Rob and Doug are confident that the video is not going to come out. What a damn shame that the Toronto Star did not buy the video when they had a chance. Whoever made that decision at the Star is an idiot. Had they obtained this video and released it to the public there would have been zero discussion about the ethics of buying video from a drug dealer.

Last edited:
The funny thing about this is that both Rob Ford and Doug Ford lied point blank about something most people know is false: that The Star was the only source. Reporters called him out about it on live TV. I wonder if people are going to pick that up.

I reckon the denial will make the Crackstarter donations spike.

I reckon nothing.

Relying on promises of a single copy of a "video" that was supposedly in the hands of a drug dealer who Gawker didn't even have firsthand contact with was about as solid as a house of cards. Compared to that, George W. Bush's WMD alibi to attack Iraq looks like a smoking gun. I'm glad I didn't throw money at this campaign which I thought was both unethical and illogical (if you want to take down Rob Ford for drug using, you ostensibly think drug use is bad...but you are going to give money to a drug dealer) and so shaky that it was doomed to fail - which I think it already did.

Maybe we've all learned a valuable lesson: don't count your chickens before they hatch. This seems to be something that people who want to bring down Ford seem to miscalculate time and time again, and we will probably do it one more time.

We lost today, and we know it.

One of the CP24 commentators remarked that the Fords (moreso Rob Ford, to my mind) seemed buoyed. Personally, I thought that Ford was full of bravado. I'm hoping that his demeanor is merely a case of being 'wrong and strong' in the face of this video controversy. I'm also hoping that the Fords haven't purchased the video. But, if they have, I hope a copy is circulated very soon.

Some things i noticed the mayor didn't say - I didn't make those racist and homophobic remarks, it's not me in the video, I have never used crack cocaine.

He said "I do not" use crack cocaine. Present tense. Maybe he's weaselling on this. As in, the video was made 4 months ago, but that's the past, so it doesn't count.

He also didn't say anything that would account for the Star or Gawker reporting on the video they saw.

I think his statement was the barest of bare minimums, done so that now he's finally "said something".

Well that should put all those scurrilous rumors to rest!

Seriously the only thing that Ford categorically denied was that "he is not a crack addict" which I think is obvious since he would not be over 300 pounds if he was an addict.

He did not deny being in the presence of gang member. He did not deny calling Justin Trudeau a "F*g" or his football team "a bunch of foreigners".

I have to believe that both Rob and Doug are confidant that the video is not going to come out. What a damn shame that the Toronto Star did not buy the video when they had a chance. Whoever made that decision at the Star is an idiot. Had they obtained this video and released it to the public there would have been zero discussion about the ethics of buying video from a drug dealer.

Yes, it's quite clear he's guilty. He made sure everything was in the present tense lol.

Wow. Councillors aren't buying it! Everybody knows he has a problem and this was his chance to admit it. Baeremaekr says Ford lied and that the "Mayor has no legitimacy, the Mayor must resign, we're going to collectively run the city without the Mayor". This is BIG! Never expected this! This isn't over at all.

Also, this did have an effect on the IndieGoGo campaign! It's shooting up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back