119     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 725     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been at work all day. Just catching up with the news... Wish I were at City Hall right now.

Probably not, best to see it on TV. It's a crush of local, national and international media in the small space in front of his office, along with members of Council, Ford's staff etc.
If he fired his Chief of Staff yesterday for suggesting he spill the beans I don't expect we will hear anything ground-breaking.

Don't mind the Ford defenders, partisans and ideological believers can find unlimited ways to push the issue back. If we had the video, it would be a fake. If it was authentic, it wouldn't be a crack pipe. If it was a crack pipe, it doesn't matter. Reminds me of the anti-climate change crowd. It doesn't exist. It exists, but humans don't cause it. Humans cause it, but we can't do anything about it. We can do something about it, but it's too expensive. It's affordable, but the market will fix it if it comes to that.

You can keep raising the evidential standards. If that fails, you can alter the moral principles.

At this point, its apparent the public and council are not behind Ford and that's all that matters. There's no using this crappy reasoning to resurrect the mayor's reputation. They can say its a lynch mob but the lynching is happening. If they think it will do anything to complain they're whistling dixie, but really they're doing it to cauterize the issue psychologically and keep their political ego intact.

Still, funny to watch the Sun and NaPo comment section Nayshuners overwhelmed.

Rob Ford speaks - ....there has been a serious accusation by the Toronto Star that I have used crack cocaine, I do not use crack cocaine and am not a crack addict.

Wow.

If I'm the seller, I give it to the Fords for 250k. I upload a copy, leave the country, get Gawker's 200k, then give them the copy and don't come back.

The Star's investigation isn't over however. This goes deeper and people have been coming out of the woodwork with incriminating statements.

I reckon the denial will make the Crackstarter donations spike.

I'll be donating this weekend - if my money goes to a drug clinic, so much the better. But this video needs to see the light of day, either to vindicate the mayor by being a clear fake, or by incriminating him and reinforcing pretty much everything that has been said up to this point by his inner circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back