25     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 646     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You saw the :rolleyes: (rolleyes) at the end, right? It was meant as a sarcastic jab at the people who think the Rob Ford scandal is The Star's baseless vendetta against Good Guy Rob Ford. IE, if the video isn't unimpeachable truth (you just know they're going to claim it's doctored once it comes out) then obviously it's the Star going after the poor man and all of this is just proof that they are going after him.

The larger comment (which will fly over the head of Ford apologists) is that The Star doesn't need a vendetta/agenda in order to report on something that is in the public's interest. They are journalists, and if something shitty is going down (like the whitewashing of shitty horse meat), they will do what is necessary - whether it is undercover reporters or sending two reporters into a crack den - to report on what they see for the benefit of the public. They don't need to be scheming against horse-slaughterers, for example, to make a cover story that says "What the fuck are these horse slaughterers doing?"

Sorry, I should have edited my response, scripting :)p) is not working for some reason. I must have something turned off.

It looks like the Indiegogo campaign is dead in the water now. Unless contact is made with the seller soon and the site (and media) updated, I can't see this happening now.

Breaking news - open letter to Toronto: business as usual... everything moving forward... City needs continuity and leadership, we ask the Mayor to address the allegations before him... we are encouraging the Mayor to address this issue... Signed by six members of the Mayor's Executive Committee including the Deputy Mayor.

Breaking news - open letter to Toronto: business as usual... everything moving forward... City needs continuity and leadership, we ask the Mayor to address the allegations before him... we are encouraging the Mayor to address this issue... Signed by six members of the Mayor's Executive Committee including the Deputy Mayor.

Mayor Ford will address the media today. It is expected to happen within the hour. The Mayor finally arrived at City Hall about an hour ago.

Facts. Not allegations. Til then I don't know what to think of the situation and if you happen to you consider yourself misinformed.

As I more or less stated here, I'm amazed that anyone considers journalists as the non-fact bearers, and they consider Ford as truthful and credible, when considering the history of each. You will get nothing more from Ford than denial, as he has demonstrated in the past. There is too much evidence from around Ford - including Towhey's firing for suggesting Ford go to rehab - to suggest that what is out there is a complete lie or fabrication. How can you "not know what to think"? When his inner circle is telling him to go to rehab and he's firing advisors for stepping up to him, what's your thought process? That this too is a fabrication by the media?

Mayor Ford will address the media today. It is expected to happen within the hour. The Mayor finally arrived at City Hall about an hour ago.

3:30 is the scheduled time for Ford to speak now, will be live on CP24. He will not be taking questions from the media (surprise).

ttk77:

Me neither. Certainly it's the perfect time for a statement that doesn't clear the air and discourages questioning over the weekend. That said, it wasn't like he needed to time it on those grounds, given the experience of the last week.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back