46     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford has just being thrown a lifeline, he can just deny it. The onus is now on Gawker or the Star to produce the video or this story will die down soon just like all the others.

True. But the video could surface again at some point, somehow. Or, if the mayor really does smoke crack, someone else could make another video sometime. That would be an interesting turn of events.

Hilarious.

Take this with a large grain of salt, but a gentleman I know (who runs in these circles) claims that he knows someone close to the video seller. Apparently he's hiding, and if the money shows up, so will the video. I said that the money won't flow without possibility of the product, to which he said "the tape will just appear when the crackstarter gets right".

Drama much?

Your source better be right. We're still on track to raise the $200k. :eek:

Anyways, if your source is correct, the video owner is incredibly stupid. The least he should have done is told Gawker that he wouldn't be contacting them till the $200,000 is raised. He put the success of the campaign and is $200k payment. in jeoprady

This could have been entirely avoided if the Star or Gawker presented the news and the evidence together.

Another example of how Ford's opponents continually shoot themselves in the feet while he does the same to himself.

The star was obviously trying to get ahold of the footage first. It had been over 2 weeks since they had seen the footage after all. I guessing they where the ones to offer the 40k, which was declined. Gawker probably saw it a week ago, offered 20k or something, got denied, then returned back to New York to let the news out without proof. When this happened the Star had no choice but to go along with it.

This could have been entirely avoided if the Star or Gawker presented the news and the evidence together.

Another example of how Ford's opponents continually shoot themselves in the feet while he does the same to himself.

Isn't that why they didn't show the story right away? Sounds like CNN Canada screwed the pooch.

BREAKING NEWS:

Ford chief of staff was fired for telling the Mayor to "go away and get some help"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/05/23/toronto-ford-towhey.html

Mark Towhey was fired as Mayor Rob Ford's chief of staff because he told Ford in no uncertain terms to "go away and get help," a source close to the mayor's office has told CBC News.

The situation within the mayor's office came to a head on Wednesday when it was learned Ford had been dumped from his cherished job as head coach of the Don Bosco Eagles — a senior high school football team.

According to the source, Ford wanted to have the players and coaches over to his house for a get-together.

Towhey, the source said, told staff not to get involved in organizing any such party and told Ford not to drag others into the imbroglio.

Last edited:
The thought of Rob Ford strolling into city hall on Monday afternoon (everyone knows Rob doesn't start too early in the day) as if nothing has happened in the last week makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit.

True. But the video could surface again at some point, somehow. Or, if the mayor really does smoke crack, someone else could make another video sometime. That would be an interesting turn of events.
Watch for the denial on his radio show if the video doesnt surface by then.

Tomorrows Toronto SUN cover

BLAGLF5CIAI-QV_.jpg:large

And the Story is now up on the site:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/rob-ford-told-to-go-to-rehab

“You need to go away, you need to deal with your problem,” Towhey told the mayor according to a source.

Ford screamed and yelled and told Towhey: “If that’s all you’ve got for me, then you might as well leave and don’t come back.”

Last edited:
Ok, we don't need the tape. Towhey's dismissal has several of the staff very upset and on the verge of resigning. Some of them are sharing their inside stories (Ford is guilty) with the media. Stay tuned, tomorrow's going to be a big day.

More liberal lies from the Toronto Sun! I knew they had it in for Ford all along! They should be reporting about the real news, like the recently discovered ad for a Ford look-a-like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back