1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.9K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be curious to see who the donors are.

My one concern is that each of these donors are complicit in contributing to a criminal organization/drug dealer, for political change? Bit of an ethical dilemma.

I don't really see how the video will change anything.

Of course. Towhey was the one who came up with the brilliant idea for Ford to admit, apologize, resign and return. There was no other way out. I'm sure Ford's pig headedness resulted in an argument and Doug probably further enabled his brother and bam: "You're fired". Let's watch the donations pour in again. Yesterday, Doug's press conference pushed contributions to $28,000 for the day, today this even bigger news will do the same. Look to hitting $155k by the end of today.

Worst PR meltdown ever.

funny-gifs-whenever-i-witness-a-facebook-fight.gif

Last edited:
Very curious though, Towhey's now free to say anything he wants. Can the city put a no talk about internal business type proviso in his hiring/firing? And would crack smoking even be related to internal business (I would certainly hope not)

Towhey may not have seen the crack use, but what about all the past drinking allegations?

junior43:

I doubt he would want to talk about it - he still needs to be hired for something else and airing dirty laundry is bit of a career-ending move in politics, I would imagine.

AoD

Very curious though, Towhey's now free to say anything he wants. Can the city put a no talk about internal business type proviso in his hiring/firing? And would crack smoking even be related to internal business (I would certainly hope not)

Towhey may not have seen the crack use, but what about all the past drinking allegations?

Just because you got fired doesn't mean you have to decimate your career in politics. No one wants to hire a backstabber.

Tomorrow's Sue-Ann Levy column: Toronto Catholic School Board, Don Bosco Parents and Towhey are all leftist marionettes being controlled by Kathleen Wynne.

junior43:

I doubt he would want to talk about it - he still needs to be hired for something else and airing dirty laundry is bit of a career-ending move in politics, I would imagine.

AoD

In general, I do agree. For minor indiscretions obviously this would apply, but when the guy you're working for is allegedly smoking crack, it does change it a bit. He could spin it as being ethical.......

Then again, ethics and politics are like oil and water these days.....

junior43:

I think the fact that it isn't minor (potentially criminal, in fact) is all the more reason that Towhey won't talk about it. And ethics isn't what get you hired for these sorts of positions.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back