129     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford in my opinion has betrayed the public trust by his actions.

All this current side show is just a distraction from Ford's wanton need to subvert Toronto's democracy.

That's a bit of a stretch. He did get elected as the mayor.

I'd be curious to see who the donors are.

My one concern is that each of these donors are complicit in contributing to a criminal organization/drug dealer, for political change? Bit of an ethical dilemma.

I don't really see how the video will change anything.

I would be more than satisfied with a truthful admission by the mayor followed by a brief leave of absence as I suspec would the general population.

Forgetting for a moment that the mayor had refused admission of any kind over this past week, just how would you be able to determine whether the admission is "truthful" or not, by ESP? No offense, given the track record of the mayor in "truthfulness", that's utterly insufficient.

With respect to the matter that is the height of hypocracy, well, do remind yourself what his worship has said about drug users. He and he alone is responsible for his own behaviour. Stop blaming Gawker, the "angry, irrational mob", etc. for it.

As to bad karma, well, someone should have thought about that before voting that Man-boy into office.

AoD

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a Marion Barry-style apology:

"Hooker? She was no hooker. She was just a woman who liked sex and enjoyed money."

Last edited:
In my opinion, the entire fundraising scheme is nothing but mean spirited vengeance by an angry and irrational mob coupled with monolithic opportunism by Gwaker media. Transacting with a purported drug dealer, to the tune of $200,000 not only smacks of legitimizing a purported criminal but is the height of hypocracy. Not to mention awful karma for the people of Toronto. I acknowledge readily that the karmic train is being navigated by the mayor's bad judgment but by indulging the purported criminals in their illicit activities the people are worsening his actions, not erasing them.

I would be more than satisfied with a truthful admission by the mayor followed by a brief leave of absence as I suspec would the general population.

OK. Other Torontonians have other opinions, such as "ugh, buying a video from crack dealer, but we really need to see it to understand the situation and our Mayor properly, so, lesser of two evils".

OK. Other Torontonians have other opinions, such as "ugh, buying a video from crack dealer, but we really need to see it to understand the situation and our Mayor properly, so, lesser of two evils".

I would think paying a crack dealer so he has more capital to expand his business is the greater evil.

All Ford really needs is a sex scandal. Sex scandals tank every politician (maybe except Lastman)

Oh ew, I don't think I could handle a Rob Ford sex scandal. :D Great, now I'm already getting a visual.

At this point, I don't think the substance matters. What matters is that the Mayor was (allegedly) engaged in drug use while hanging out with drug dealers -- even if he didn't use anything, he's consorting with the very people he professes to despise. And then there are all his (alleged) comments as well.

Yeah, like demanding tougher sentences for drug crimes. Oh the hypocrisy of it all!

Last edited:
I would think paying a crack dealer so he has more capital to expand his business is the greater evil.

All Ford really needs is a sex scandal. Sex scandals tank every politician (maybe except Lastman)

Meh....sex scandals don't seem to produce as much bang here in Canada as they do in the US. I think it's mostly the hypocracy thing. There's so much railing in the US against sexual promiscuity that when a politician is found out they tend to get blasted for it. Conversely, corruption seems to be a much bigger deal up here than down south where it's practically expected.

As the weekend nears I wonder if the Bob & Doug show will go as scheduled on Sunday or be cancelled again? If, as the CBC suggests, that Rob has been advised by his lawyer with the Hotmail address not to talk, could Doug go it alone?

js97:

Instead of having the mayor - with substantial influence, power, access to resources - consorting with crack dealers and/or being beholden by them, knowingly or unknowingly?

Not really, I for one couldn't give a damn about those - particularly when a) there is no criminality and b) there aren't any blantant hypocracy.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back