2.6K     2 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 1.8K     8 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 630     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salon now has a piece on Ford: Who is Toronto Mayor Rob Ford? -- "Before he allegedly smoked crack on camera, Ford was known for being one of Canada's most obnoxious politicians".

"Ford’s election victory was significant. He picked up votes from across the city — including the urban core — and across class and ethnic boundaries. He interpreted that win as a mandate for his right-wing agenda."

What? He didn't win a single ward in the urban core.

"[...] many of them from across the ethnic spectrum of the diverse Toronto population. The latter — especially those living in the inner suburban areas — identified with the rants against the “gravy train†being wasted in the central core, reflecting the historical neglect of their communities."

Again, what? Is he referring to inner suburban areas within the GTA? The Old City overwhelmingly voted against Ford, and it spans much more than 'the central core'.

The Ford work day ends early all the time-no set schedule, no real responsibilities. No one knows exactly what he does with the time he's supposed to be at city hall--but we're starting to get a pretty good idea.

The Ford work day ends early all the time-no set schedule, no real responsibilities. No one knows exactly what he does with the time he's supposed to be at city hall--but we're starting to get a pretty good idea.

Ford Time is different from time as we know it. He follows his watch, which is set to one that is completely different from ours. Only the Fords know Ford Time.

With "Private Time" on his agenda, we may now know what it might be.

I think there's a good chance that the money raised from this indiegogo campaign will be donated to Gawker's Crackstarter after it closes in 34 hours.

...and 9% of that would be deducted by Indiegogo as the un-consummated flexible campaign fee. Even with the deduction, it would be a major boost.

I think there's a good chance that the money raised from this indiegogo campaign will be donated to Gawker's Crackstarter after it closes in 34 hours.

I hope that whoever donated to that other campaign hold them to account: the money is supposed to go to uncovering the video but their flexible funding plan has always smelled scummy to me. Who's to say they won't take the money and buy a flatscreen TV or upgrade their deck? I want to see a $2,543 donation with that guy's name on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back