520     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 490     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 1.7K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throughout this discussion (I've read every post) and in most media reports "Rob Ford denies allegations" keeps being used. He has not denied anything, amidst his usual incoherent ramblings he has only stated that the story (the "allegation") is "ridiculous" and that it's about the Toronto Star out to get him. He has not denied anything. Why has he not made a firm statement denying what allegedly appears in the video in light of these very serious allegations? Is he confident that he can make the video go away? Has he been advised by his lawyer with the Hotmail account not to make an inaccurate public statement leaving a door open for himself to wiggle out of this should the video hit the media or Internet? Whatever the case I think we are going to know the true answer much sooner than later.

A man who wasn't smoking crack would have no problem going in front of the media and saying "I did not do it". The fact that 48 hours in, Ford still hasn't said that is very telling.

Junior, I've had a number of friends say the same thing, or close to it. Fine. But the number of Ford voters who still defend him, because supposedly the world is out to get him, is what makes me shake my head. Man up, Ford Nation, and admit the mistake, and let's get rid of the mistake and move on to an election.

And I hope that everyone has learned to never vote for a homophobic, racist, pathological liar, drug addicted man to be mayor of the City of Toronto.

This is definitely promising, but there is a loooooong way to go when you consider that the beginning of these things is when you get the most interest/funds. Given that every major news outlet around the world seems to have published the story - and many have mentioned (and linked to) this campaign, it doesn't give me a lot of hope :(

I think I've changed my mind.

We're already 25% there. In the past 15 minutes, another $1,500 has been donated. We will certainly hit $100,000 by the end of the day. Once we hit $150,000 there will probably be another big boost as people realize that we can hit the target. And remember, we still have 9 days left. I think we can do this.

I have a problem with donating money to a drug dealer just to get at an unpopular figure - but I guess that most people here do not.

I think the next thing might be to have a collection for someone who wants to "take care" of some charged murderer or rapist who got off on a technicality.

Ford is just not another "unpopular figure" à la David Miller. He is a mayor who has a substance abuse problems and now known affiliations with Toronto gangs. This certainly makes him unfit to lead a growing city such as ours. If $200,000 is what it takes to get him out, so be it.

What would a criminal do with $200k. Use it for a down payment on a house or condo so they can turn their lives around, or perhaps use it to eliminate competition, buy more drugs from suppliers, or similar activities. Maybe legally you cannot be held liable for a donation being responsible for a crime, but morally, It appears obvious that you are financing crime and complicit in criminal activity of all degrees.

He claims he wants the $200,000 to move his family out of Toronto. It's not safe here for him.

the silence of Doug Ford speaks volumes here.
everyone is playing it very close to the vest: the Star, the police, Ford aligned-councillors, the Tory party....
you would never know from the resounding silence that something very big is going to drop.

What will Ford say? 'I was just smoking tobacco out of a crack pipe, in a crack house... with crack dealers.

Both. The whole show.

And it's noteworthy that Doug's chosen "broken silence" venue was Newstalk 1010.

Both. The whole show.

And it's noteworthy that Doug's chosen "broken silence" venue was Newstalk 1010.

I'm guessing the lawyers wouldn't want them fielding questions about this.

This further proves the guilt of the mayor. Everyone knows that this is the beginning of a long downhill journey for Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back