462     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 468     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 1.5K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonetheless, from what I've been told, the police are well aware of this video, the identity of the person shopping it and Ford's crack suppliers. The video could be subpoenaed if the police decide to act on this evidence.

I desperately want this video to come out, if only to provide some resolution -- one way or another -- to this story. Reading the vehement and frothing at the mouth denials from Ford Nation (the video is fake, the video doesn't exist, it's not Ford, it's not a crack pipe -- it's an inhaler for his asthma (my favourite), it's made up by the Star, smear campaign, etc...), I want this laid out plain as day to see who, if anyone, changes their tune and how.

I desperately want this video to come out, if only to provide some resolution -- one way or another -- to this story. Reading the vehement and frothing at the mouth denials from Ford Nation (the video is fake, the video doesn't exist, it's not Ford, it's not a crack pipe -- it's an inhaler for his asthma (my favourite), it's made up by the Star, smear campaign, etc...), I want this laid out plain as day to see who, if anyone, changes their tune and how.

Please tell me that the Ford's did not say that it's an inhaler for his asthma!

Perhaps the government should start a kickstarter to improve transit in the GTA? I mean, if we can raise the funds to release a video, how hard can it be to raise the funds to build a subway?
That would be amazing! Unfortunately, the Ontario Government is neither American nor British, therefore cannot use Kickstarter. However, it can use Indiegogo.

$12 per minute to meet 10 day target?

$12 per minute between now and when it is done. I have based the calculations as follows: (200000-[funds currently raised])/(number of minutes between current time and when funding is officially over).

To calculate the number of minutes, suppose it were 9 days, 2 hours, and 30 minutes left, which equals (9 times 1440 + 2 times 60 + 30) = 13110.

Remember that the campaign ends on Tuesday, May 28 at 2:59AM EST.

$12 per minute between now and when it is done. I have based the calculations as follows: (200000-[funds currently raised])/(number of minutes between current time and when funding is officially over).

To calculate the number of minutes, suppose it were 9 days, 2 hours, and 30 minutes left, which equals (9 times 1440 + 2 times 60 + 30) = 13110.

Remember that the campaign ends on Tuesday, May 28 at 2:59AM EST.

Well so far we're averaging $60/minute. Hopefully that will increase on the weekend since more people will be home from work.

Ford is the only subject visible smoking crack cocaine. This alleviates some of the concerns about the video disappearing.
I think the video will "disappear" because Ford and/or his powerful friends will make it clear to the owner it would be very problematic for it to be released. (Keep in mind that it has been alleged that this dealer also supplies other well-known and powerful people in the city.)

Well, it's going to hit $40,000 any minute now. Flipping channels during the news, the Gawker IndieGoGo fundraiser was mentioned on 3 at least channels. It's also been linked to from several national and international news sites. $12 per minute sounds doable at the current rate but this momentum won't hold for 10 days. This campaign needs big backers in the $5-$10K range. I think we can all think of a handful of prominent big pocketed influencers who would love to see Ford out. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see Conservatives anonymously putting money on this to get Ford out of the picture before 2014 where they can run a more effective right winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back