153     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 844     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 433     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semi-related, but Elizabeth May was kind of tipsy at a public event, so Wormington is going after her. This is the same stuff he gave Rob a free pass for.

Oooooo can we weigh in on "welcome back Khadr" gate here? I say Right fuckin on Liz May. As to rofo. Dont die today. My self righteous anger needs you.

Ryan Tronier ‏@RyanTronier 12m12 minutes ago
Staff person is live tweeting #RobFord's 10-hour surgery today @danjacobs_ @TorontoRobFord

Elizabeth Church
@lizchurchto
Rob Ford's chief of staff asked for privacy for Ford family Friday, now this: ready to roll pic.twitter.com/RyzjeWNCYt

Nice to see at least one member of the media calling out the hypocrites...

Last edited:
If Graeme was live tweeting it would turn into a shit show. So is Jacobs going to also tweet pics of the surgery? Bad enough he already posted one of Rob in his hospital gown and cap. Do we really need to see that?

Semi-related, but Elizabeth May was kind of tipsy at a public event, so Wormington is going after her. This is the same stuff he gave Rob a free pass for.

Yep. As far as I can recall, Ford has not as yet explained or even apologized for the drunken/drugged-up rant about killing someone, has he? Because Worms would said, 'Yeah, but really, who cares? Mmm, these Fordfest burgers are delectable'.

She was just enjoying a few pops after work. Who doesn't?

Keyword - after work - though getting drunk at a public event is in general a no-no.

If Graeme was live tweeting it would turn into a shit show. So is Jacobs going to also tweet pics of the surgery? Bad enough he already posted one of Rob in his hospital gown and cap. Do we really need to see that?

It's already a sh*tshow without live tweeting. As to tweeting pics - well, I for one don't really care for pics of "the folds".

AoD

Last edited:
I am quite baffled by the claim that after posing for the photo in his hospital bed, Robbie "then stood and walked with hospital staff to the operating room." When I had minor surgery (albeit years ago), they wheeled me to the operating room (and told me not to raise my head, since they had already given me something pre-anaesthetic). Do people walk into the OR nowadays? Or is this just part of the mythology?

I am quite baffled by the claim that after posing for the photo in his hospital bed, Robbie "then stood and walked with hospital staff to the operating room." When I had minor surgery (albeit years ago), they wheeled me to the operating room (and told me not to raise my head, since they had already given me something pre-anaesthetic). Do people walk into the OR nowadays? Or is this just part of the mythology?

Saint Robbicus is not just "wheeled" into the OR you know!

"Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world / Like a Colossus, and we petty men / Walk under his huge legs and peep about / To find ourselves dishonorable graves."

These days, everyone who is able to walk in does so. That is not just to save money on staff (orderlies, etc.) but because it is considered to be medically optimal for patients who are ambulatory to remain ambulatory as much as possible. (PS: My source for this is my spouse, who has been an anaesthesiologist for three decades, including at Mt. Sinai.)

ETA: The best that might be said is that Jacobs does not know better. (He fits in working for a consummate ignoramus, after all.) The worst is that Jacobs knows better but thinks that many people will assume that the noble Robbie bravely struggled to his feet…. That is not unrealistic, unfortunately. Even @jpags (to my disappointment) fell for it by reporting that Ford "would not" be wheeled in (as in suggesting that he refused), when all that one actually can say from Jacobs' e-mail is that he was not wheeled in as a matter of fact - and in current practice that would be because, since he is able to walk, no one at Mt. Sinai would have offered to wheel him in.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.38.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.38.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.38.14 AM.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 526

Thankfully he won't be allowed in or near the OR or PACU.

I will concur that it's entirely normal for patients to walk into the OR. Even morbidly obese types like Rob. He ought to be an interesting airway...

Thankfully he won't be allowed in or near the OR or PACU.

I will concur that it's entirely normal for patients to walk into the OR. Even morbidly obese types like Rob. He ought to be an interesting airway...

JG... Small question (again): Will Rob's surgeons take lymph node samples to check for the spread of disease? Every person I know who's had cancer surgery had lymph node sampling, but I've heard no mention of it in Rob's case. So, I'm wondering if it's something that's always done, or not. That information would be vital to staging his cancer, no? Or is there another way the docs can get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back