News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 650     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 11s12 seconds ago
Correcting earlier figure - Ford's chief spokesperson, Amin Massoudi, made $120,123.13 total last year, still more than city councillors.

Wrong figure for Massoudi.

Regarding severance.

I think that just means that she knows (as many do) about the severance, not that severance is treated as earnings for the sunshine list. (The long-established legal principle is that severance is not compensation for working but, rather, is compensation for not working. That can be quite important - e.g., in the event of bankruptcy, corporate directors can incur a statutory personal liability for up to 3 months of unpaid wages but not for unpaid severance.)

ETA: But of course whoever concocted the sunshine list can include in it whatever they wish, since neither the law nor logic need be observed.

Last edited:
Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 2m2 minutes ago
Turns out Ford's spokesperson, Amin Massoudi, made $119,335.88 in 2014. But his chief of staff, Dan Jacobs, didn't make the Sunshine List.

Interesting.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m2 minutes ago
So, to recap: One former Ford staffer made twice what councillors made in 2014 and another also topped their salaries.

Regarding the "I'm the most racist guy around" comment, I always just assumed it was said in a sarcastic tone. Like, "Oh right , and I'm the most racist guy around."

I wonder how that calculated. Jones was out in April 2014. And according to this article would get $200,000 in severance. Also says he earned $189,322 in 2013.

ETA - cross posted with pud. So it doesn't include the severance, but it might include payment in lieu of notice, which is separate from severance.

Notice pay is set out by the Employment Standards at a rate of one week pay per year of service to a maximum of 8 weeks so there is no way that more than $50k is for notice. I suggest it may be that there was a bonus payout for 2013 in 2014 that is included in that figure.

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 12.22.41 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 12.22.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 12.22.41 PM.png
    35 KB · Views: 493
Meanwhile, Doug is still fighting last year's election results.

reporterdonpeat 12:40pm via iOS
"If the alarms don't go off, I don't know what does" Doug Ford on John Tory's election finances.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 15m15 minutes ago
"If anyone deserves to be audited - the guy that spends $2.79 million out of $2.8 million" Doug Ford #TOpoli
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 15m15 minutes ago
"If the alarms don't go off, I don't know what does" Doug Ford on John Tory's election finances #TOpoli

Oh boo hoo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back