News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 649     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 1m1 minute ago
Doug Ford's mayoral campaign raised $330,320.84 but spent $909,420.55. His own money accounted for $50,500.
Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt 1m1 minute ago
Rob Ford contributed $121,700 to his own mayoral campaign. Doug Ford contributed $50,500 to himself. Just regular guys.

Yep, just regular people!

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 6s7 seconds ago
Rob Ford's aborted mayoral campaign raised $339,334.25 but spent $424,292.17. He put in $121,270 of his own money.

Last edited:
As discussed a couple of days ago, most of what Doug Jr refers to as "his own money" is a bank loan - $500,000. Doug (certainly) and perhaps also Karla (permissible for a spouse to do this and can turn out to be helpful to the bank to be able to chase both spouses) will have guaranteed the loan. Rob's meryl run has a $100,00 bank loan.

Ignoring the interest charges that will continue to be added to the debts until the loans are paid off, at $300 a ticket you would have to get 2,000 people into mom's backyard to raise $600,000, plus the number of people more at $300 a ticket to cover the cost of the Cheezies and Kool-Aid and paper plates & cups.*

*ETA: Mom can't pick up the cost, b/c she has already contributed the max. $2,500 to each of 'the boys'.

Last edited:
Family contributions (in addition to Diane)

Randy - $2,500 to Doug Jr.; not a dime to Robbie
Kathy - zip
Renata - nada
Karla - bupkis

Family contributions (in addition to Diane)

Randy - $2,500 to Doug Jr.; not a dime to Robbie
Kathy - zip
Renata - nada
Karla - bupkis

Has Kathy been seen at all recently? Do they have her confined to the basement?

If it is indeed inoperable, he should resign and spend time with his family. I doubt he will be going on another bender, but I could be wrong.

In fairness, he's having the MRI this afternoon that will tell him if his tumor is operable. I like to kick the guy as much as the next person but we can maintain a basic level of humanity, methinks.

I both agree with you and disagree with you. But I'll stop that kind of rhetoric.

He's still an a hole

So Doug Ford thinks there's something suspect about Tory having spent so close to the limit, but we're supposed to trust the efficiency-finding, cost-cutting skills displayed by him and his brother ... who both overspent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back