News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Michael Ford's trustee campaign raised exactly $100 from outside contributions. The other $7245.65 came from the candidate himself.

He is a rich kid after all.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Mammoliti's motion to revisit transit on Finch, which already has an LRT approved, now in limbo after exec votes unanimously to defer it.

Took long enough...

Last edited:
Rob Ford shrugged off the mayor’s snub.

“If John doesn’t want to come, that’s up to him,” Ford said. “We’re having a huge event though, ticket sales are going great.”

But he said Tory’s public refusal to attend has “absolutely” helped them advertise the event.

“You know what, John, he just keeps saying, ‘No, he’s not coming.’ That’s more tickets for us,” Ford said.

Yep.

Like I said, Dougie's whining was totes fake and a ploy for public attention to kick-off his OPC "career".

These guys may be idiots, but they're idiot savants when it comes to pushing the media buttons for desired effect.

Mayoralty campaign debt, or MPP litmus test and war chest?

Only due to Unca' Doug causing him to get $ from DECO for no work.

Speaking of no work, what's Doug doing in Toronto, playing at politics and flirting with the friendly media? I thought he was supposed to be saving Deco, bringing home the big purchase orders and generally a'run t'ings in Chicago.

Is this the Deco doo-doo adma's been mentioning?

Dry cleaner makes reference to Smith being killed for video:

“So he goes and he doesn’t pay the thing and uh, apparently, uh, before sending it to the press, the guy got killed. That’s too fishy,†Bahrami said. “Now they’re collecting all these people close to Rob Ford to get evidence from them. And Sandro is … Sandro is like a bodyguard of Rob Ford. He is always with him.â€

Dry cleaner makes reference to Smith being killed for video:

“So he goes and he doesn’t pay the thing and uh, apparently, uh, before sending it to the press, the guy got killed. That’s too fishy,†Bahrami said. “Now they’re collecting all these people close to Rob Ford to get evidence from them. And Sandro is … Sandro is like a bodyguard of Rob Ford. He is always with him.â€
Wheres this from?

I told my mom about a week ago that I thought Rob already had the results and knew it was operable and that he would make the announcement when he was ready and it would be done strategically to overshadow something Tory was doing. There were a few things that made me think that, one being how nonchalant he was about how if it was bad news, he'd be joining his dad soon, "wherever he is". I thought that was a bizarre comment for a couple of reasons. 1. Does he think his dad might be in hell? 2. If anyone was just told they were terminal and had a very short time to live is that the type of comment they would make publicly, especially knowing their kids could read it, or have it read to them? Wouldn't they say they'd keep fighting or something? Mind you, nothing the Fords do is normal and I've long ago stopped wondering why they are the way they are. Even if the doctor said the tumour hadn't shrunk enough and they'd have to treat him palliatively, it could mean he'd live a few months or years but he made it sound like he would just drop dead when the doctors told him.

"I know how to deal with CEOs of huge corporations - that's how I landed the largest development in Toronto's history," he said in a recent newspaper interview. "Woodbine Live, I did that."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/rob-ford-cant-take-full-credit-for-woodbine-live/article1378916/

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/09/19/despite-120m-in-tax-breaks-the-billion-dollar-woodbine-live-project-fell-apart-at-least-they-still-have-soybeans/

He sure did... perfect example of someone living for the photo op and not being a leader.

And Sandro is … Sandro is like a bodyguard of Rob Ford. He is always with him.”

That's hilarious. Unless he's packing he wouldn't scare a flea....maybe bedbugs though.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m1 minute ago
Integrity commissioner rules Rob Ford broke the code of conduct as mayor when he used racial slurs http://ow.ly/3xxVqx #TOpoli

A little late!

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 47s47 seconds ago
Integrity commissioner says Rob Ford has admitted use of racial slur, plans on apologizing at council

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 13m13 minutes ago
Integrity commissioner report re: Rob Ford racial slurs: "It was harmful, contrary to the Code of Conduct, and unbecoming of his office"

Also:

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 1m1 minute ago
Breaking: Report from lobbyist registrar finds Apollo Health and Beauty breached lobbying by-law by lobbying Rob Ford and Doug Ford #topoli
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 2m2 minutes ago
Lobbyist registrar report: Apollo's "activities placed the then-mayor and then-councillor in an apparent conflict of interest"

Last edited:
Speaking of accountability, and somewhat OT, what's the status on Mamolitti and that whole business about his fundraiser? Is that only with the RCMP now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back