499     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 787     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he say that developed after the car crash that he sued $1 million for? He used to smoke weed all day every day. Maybe that's what's behind his troubles.

You mean he doesn't smoke weed now? I've heard it can relieve vertigo ...

Apparently bright lights make him sick. He's always wearing those creepy sunglasses and very pale. Maybe he's a vampire?

Or maybe scared shitless. I cannot even fathom the stress. If he intends to cover for Ford its got to be hard to watch every word you say. If he intends to accept a deal, that's a whole other ball o fun. I feel dizzy at traffic court. Was there much press there?

Lisi had a conspiracy charge against him dropped today.
Canadian Press reported that "Prosecutor Kerry Benzakein told court she was withdrawing the conspiracy charge and suggested she might be willing to drop the possession charge as well."

Lack of evidence or was a deal made? I wonder.

Everything one needs to know about campaign financing in Toronto, summarized, with links to the underlying detailed statutes, regulations and by-laws:

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=72c5715242ccd310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

*BTW: The lending-related rule that Slob and Thug violated in 2010 was that they borrowed $ for a time from DECO, eventually replacing that with a bank loan. A campaign is only allowed to receive a loan from a bank or other recognized lending institution, such as a credit union or trust company. All they suffered for that was a tsk, tsk sound from the committee that looked into the audit of Slob's campaign finances.

Yes, Deco's money, I wonder if they fit in this equation too... thanks for the link. :)

Lisi had a conspiracy charge against him dropped today.
Canadian Press reported that "Prosecutor Kerry Benzakein told court she was withdrawing the conspiracy charge and suggested she might be willing to drop the possession charge as well."

Lack of evidence or was a deal made? I wonder.

I'm betting lack of evidence. Just a hunch because these guys get away with everything!

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/03/24/etobicoke-shooting-victim-is-arrested-and-charged-for-previous-violent-robberies.html

If Ahmed Siyad had not been shot in an Etobicoke highrise last week, Toronto police say he may have been arrested that same day in connection to two violent robberies.

Police announced Tuesday that 22-year-old Siyad — one of two men shot inside 2063 Islington Ave. on St. Patrick’s Day — was arrested upon his release from hospital, after being treated for three bullet wounds.

I'm betting lack of evidence. Just a hunch because these guys get away with everything!

Could be. IIRC, Lisi went with a direct indictment, so there wouldn't have been a prelim to test the evidence. It might also be that the charges are inconsequential in terms of sentence if the Crown can get a conviction on the main charge. They might just be trying to move things along quickly so they can deal with other files.

Kat_YYZ;98552 bloody hell said:
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/laugh.gif[/img]

Right? I did a spit take followed by hysterical laughter at about 2 this a.m. How to even start to explain that to the politically indifferent spouse I awoke?

Is Lisi put over?

So many questions. Who knew Ahmed Siad was due to be arrested that day? Who would benefit from him being out of circulation before said arrest? Who shot him? Who arranged to have him shot?

His history of violence is making me think he could have had alot of non- ford related issues and that it was coincidental that ford was there. What ford was doing there was perhaps not as innocent as constituent care, but i doubt the shooting is part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back