499     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 786     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely, when Douginoccio says that he put in $ he means that he guaranteed repayment of a bank loan to the campaign, so he is looking for contributions to apply against the debt to the bank. (As you correctly note, contributions to a campaign are not debts.) This seems to be the most common means by which a campaign gets into debt. (There are rules about who a campaign can borrow from, which Robinoccio and his camping manager Douginoccio were found to have transgressed in the 2010 election.)

Thanks, that clears quite a bit up for me.

Court seems to be in session still. Lisi isn't there, though. Apparently he suffers from vertigo and has been throwing up. Is that true, Jimmi T? Vertigo?

Didn't he say that developed after the car crash that he sued $1 million for? He used to smoke weed all day every day. Maybe that's what's behind his troubles.

Most likely, when Douginoccio says that he put in $ he means that he guaranteed repayment of a bank loan to the campaign, so he is looking for contributions to apply against the debt to the bank. (As you correctly note, contributions to a campaign are not debts.) This seems to be the most common means by which a campaign gets into debt. (There are rules about who a campaign can borrow from, which Robinoccio and his camping manager Douginoccio were found to have transgressed in the 2010 election.)

Thanks, that clears quite a bit up for me.

Everything one needs to know about campaign financing in Toronto, summarized, with links to the underlying detailed statutes, regulations and by-laws:

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=72c5715242ccd310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

*BTW: The lending-related rule that Slob and Thug violated in 2010 was that they borrowed $ for a time from DECO, eventually replacing that with a bank loan. A campaign is only allowed to receive a loan from a bank or other recognized lending institution, such as a credit union or trust company. All they suffered for that was a tsk, tsk sound from the committee that looked into the audit of Slob's campaign finances.

Mark your calendars: All candidates' primary financial disclosures must be filed by March 27 (unless a judge grants an extension, March 26 being the last day to apply to a judge for that). I do not know how long it might take for the disclosures to get uploaded to the City's web site.

Where to see Slob and Thug's disclosure documents, once they are uploaded to the City's web site:

http://app.toronto.ca/EFD/jsf/main/main.xhtml?campaign=9

Didn't he say that developed after the car crash that he sued $1 million for? He used to smoke weed all day every day. Maybe that's what's behind his troubles.

Apparently bright lights make him sick. He's always wearing those creepy sunglasses and very pale. Maybe he's a vampire?

I've long wondered whether none other than Neil Flagg might be a middleman--or at least this from his company website has always aroused undue suspicion, at least in me

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/content_contact.html

Just happens to be one of those areas where Google Street View took super grainy photos ... anyone want to go check it out? Probably just a mail drop c/o some other company.

Would even the provincial Tories be dumb enough to come sniffing around if Thug tries pimping himself out for a future stay at Queen's Park? He's abrasive to say the least, and has a knack for making enemies. I doubt he endeared himself to Tim Hudak with some of his comments over the last few years. And he's in the whole public service racket purely for the sake of Ego. He and Slob are the most naked self promoters I've ever seen in local politics. Such creatures are not team players, and won't do as they're told by those higher up on the food chain. That's a lot to take into account even for a political party as desperate as the current provincial PCs. And out of the 2 of them, Slob's the "popular one." Thug has as much personal popularity as a toothache. I just don't see it.

It would fun to be a fly on the wall if D Ford and R Hillier were in the same caucus....

Just in passing I wonder if accomodation could be made with the Clerk's Office and ignoring the relevant sections of the Municipal Act and CoTA would the 8 sitting Councillors showing a surplus on their financial statements be willing to transfer that surplus to D Ford's fundraising activities rather than the City...see list below
Crawford $1243.75
Cressy $4147.05
Crisanti $769.90 (D Ford could get his contribution back)
Fradedakis $381.92
McConnell $1237.20
Mihevc $10534.60
DMW $75.79
Shiner $19.32

Last edited:
Returns Address (NOT open to the public):
Sports Poster Warehouse
c/o Freight Boy, Inc.
4450 Witmer Industrial Estates, #4
Niagara Falls, NY 14305

I used to do contract work for a Canadian company that shared the same address for their US "operations". 4450 Witmer Industrial Estates is the address of a contract warehouse space called Freight Boy. The customer I used to do work for said it was sometimes cheaper on freight to have a warehouse space just over the border, and the fact they got a snailmail drop and shipping address allowed them to have a US address for customers in the United States who would not deal with a Canadian company that did not have a US "division".

No doubt SPW specifies "(NOT open to the public)" because Neil has no employees of his own there to receive visiting customers; there are just Freight Boy cargo handlers moving freight for many different companies.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/freight-boy-niagara-falls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back