532     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.3K     5 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 830     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to click thru her posts but they are all gone . Not sure if that is a function of this site or her wishes. I recall other members adding to it, so its probably in here somewhere.

Search function is broken. You need to go through the archives via Google.

I tried to click thru her posts but they are all gone . Not sure if tha
t is a function of this site or her wishes. I recall other members adding to it, so its probably in here somewhere.

Sublime is very prone to deleting her posts. Does the same on "the" (h/t to Doug Jr.) Twitter, where she is sublime comrade @longtheriverrun.

I put a call out to Casita on "the" Twitter, but I have no idea whether he, or someone who knows him, will see it.

Of course, Dougie stirring things up was a distraction. but from what, Siyads shooting? Or maybe he meant to distract from Torys Austin presser.

If Doug holds his own fundraiser (with or without joints) to retire his “debtsâ€, he will get a good idea of how much real support he might have for a bid for an Ontario PC seat. “Who will pay for what you say?â€

True, Doug isn’t inside OPC enough to earn a safe seat. But what if he ran in a marginal seat and brought home the bacon? Imagine spending him $500,000 in a semi-rural riding as a good citizen? Both the hockey rink and curling club could order new beer fridges.

There might even be some fans of the “Ford brandâ€, as presented in The Stun and CP2Ford.
Or it could take a few twenties.

ETA: Any provincial byelections coming up?

But it doesn't have to do with Ford no?

Lisi = Ford in this case.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/23/tory-blames-attack-ads-for-why-he-wont-help-ford-fundraise

TORONTO - What’s the story on Mayor John Tory’s refusal to attend a fundraiser for former election rival Doug Ford?

Tory made it clear Monday he’s not going to help Ford raise cash to pay off campaign costs that included attack ads aimed directly at him during last fall’s battle for mayor.

“You know anybody thinking for just a moment about the prospect of my going out and raising money which would finance, in effect, quite directly the running of ads that called into question my character, my integrity and so on, must think that I fell off some sort of a turnip truck pulling into downtown Toronto,” Tory said.

He said he was “honoured and privileged” to have a fundraiser for former mayor David Miller after losing to him in 2003.

“Why? Because I didn’t think a sitting mayor should be saddled with a campaign debt and because during that campaign he never once attacked me personally nor did I attack him,” Tory said.

He also helped failed mayoral candidate Jane Pitfield raise cash to settle her campaign debt in 2006 and worked on fundraising efforts for Rob Ford and Rocco Rossi in 2010.

However, Tory insisted it was “expecting a bit much” for him to help pay off Doug Ford’s campaign expenses.

While the mayor’s spokesman said Sunday that he was “never asked to attend” the Ford fundraiser, Tory acknowledged Monday that the former councillor extended an invitation around Christmas without a specific date.

“I said, ‘Doug, I’m afraid it is just not possible,’” Tory recalled.

“I think people would call into question whether I was thinking straight if I went out and helped raise money to pay off a debt incurred to run ads to attack me over and over again, all day — most of the money was spent on that.”

He said he’s not complaining about the “What’s the story, Mr. Tory?” ads because “it’s a free country.”

“I’m saying you can’t expect me to pay for them,” Tory said.

Ford applauded Tory for admitting he did ask him to attend a campaign fundraiser.

“He first was disingenuous now he’s being honest so I appreciate that,” Ford said.

“I was being courteous because God knows what the media would have done to us if we never invited him.”

Ford stood by the ads “100%” and stressed “that’s what politics is.

“If John didn’t think he got personal and didn’t question my credibility, well he needs to get a thicker skin and a backbone then,” Ford said.

“Any competition, be it sports or business or whatever, once it is finished, you shake hands, you move forward.

"That shows his character. I find it a little hypocrisy because his campaign was run on we all get along and sing Kumbaya and obviously what he says is not what he means and I think that is a good example of this year’s budget too.”

But Ford shrugged off Tory’s snub.

“I can’t figure him out anyways,” he said. “The difference between him and I, I’m at the beginning of my political career, he’s at the end. I look forward to many years of serving the people.”​

Last edited:
Is it possible that Doug really doesn't get it? According to him, it doesn't matter how you conduct yourself, everything is fair game and then all is forgiven. The past is the past, move on, one day at a day, actions speaks louder than words, I'm only human, I'm not perfect, you shake hands, you move forward.

Why would any political party want to get involved with this stupid little man?

Putting aside for a moment our focus on the subject of this thread, we have yet to learn who is supplying all these street level drug dealers. Sure it's fun to speculate on which guy is on to which guy and what Robbie's role is in all of this: yet TPS still (apparently) hasn't figured out which organized crime collaborative is supporting this market.

Bah.

I've long wondered whether none other than Neil Flagg might be a middleman--or at least this from his company website has always aroused undue suspicion, at least in me

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/content_contact.html

Head Office & Retail Showroom (Open to the Public):

The Sports Poster Warehouse
55 Queens Plate Drive, Unit #9
Toronto, Ontario M9W 6P2
CANADA

Returns Address (NOT open to the public):
Sports Poster Warehouse
c/o Freight Boy, Inc.
4450 Witmer Industrial Estates, #4
Niagara Falls, NY 14305

Because a lot of (even more stupid) people vote for him?

I know it's been said a lot in the past few months, but I love the quote that's attributed to George Carlin:

"Just think of how stupid the average person (voter) is, and then realize half of them are even stupider."

Frightening really.

I've always gotten a really weird vibe off the Sports Poster Warehouse. There's something offside about all that.

This Tweet brought a wee smile to my face today:

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie · 6h 6 hours ago
Guess who's back in court tomorrow morning. This is the trial on the drug charges. There won't be a publication ban.

The "Ward 2 Newsletter" is conspicuous in its omissions. The content (such as it is) has zip to do with Ward 2 and there isn't any news. Not even a single selfie.

It's actually on the interwebs... baby steps. :)

He was only out of jail on the sentence handed to him in Windsor for about 3 months before being shot.

BTW: Our old forum comrade (and creator of the Ford collage) sublime posted a link to the Windsor Star article on Twitter very shortly after the shooting.
Well I just found by Googling his name, wasn't hard. Maybe whatthe is right and this is a "minor offence" and i just lead a sheltered life :p but I wouldn't have gone so far as to call him an upstanding citizen. Dealing crack doesn't mean you're in a gang, but the article definitely described a crack-dealing operation -- not just dudes who score at a party now and then and decide to resell it for money to go to Cancun for spring break or get a new iPhone.

sometimes I just wonder what TPS are up to. like with goldsbie saying that police spokesman didn't even know who A. Siyad was in relation to RoFo, first he heard of it when JG asked the question. Are they just dense? incompetent? corrupt? all of the above?

Need to shout out to Sublime for incorrectly crediting another for her collage of ford folks. Miss her and Casita
me too :(

Working together we can keep Toronto clean and green.Here's where you write more text.Here's where you write more text.

bloody hell, I thought you were joking. They actually sent it like that.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back