5K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 662     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 688     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP24 led off the supper hour news by saying something about an update from Ford's doctors. Um, no, it was an update from Doug. No doctors. But of course hundreds of people will none believe that the doctors say Ford's cancer prognosis has improved. :rolleyes:

CP24 led off the supper hour news by saying something about an update from Ford's doctors. Um, no, it was an update from Doug. No doctors. But of course hundreds of people will none believe that the doctors say Ford's cancer prognosis has improved. :rolleyes:

I don't see any need to be upset about CP24's misinformation at all - if they want to fool their believers (because frankly, there is no better term for it), by all means. The cancer will behave however it will, wishful thinking, machinations or otherwise.

AoD

I don't see any need to be upset about CP24's misinformation at all - if they want to fool their believers (because frankly, there is no better term for it), by all means. The cancer will behave however it will, wishful thinking, machinations or otherwise.

AoD

It doesn't excuse shitty journalism. They need to be called on it.

Hmmm... 12cm to 13cm and then to 6cm... they didn't announce the increase to the mass, they missed that press opportunity for sympathy.

I'm glad about the news, no one should have to deal with cancer or the "cures"; however, the Ford brothers' math, well that's it's own metaphor.

And Worms before the family? It really shows the importance of family to the brothers.

Hmmm... 12cm to 13cm and then to 6cm... they didn't announce the increase to the mass, they missed that press opportunity for sympathy.

I'm glad about the news, no one should have to deal with cancer or the "cures"; however, the Ford brothers' math, well that's it's own metaphor.

And Worms before the family? It really shows the importance of family to the brothers.

It's been a long time since I've had to do the hard math but if Rob's tumour did indeed shrink from 12 cm (or 12 by 12, wasn't it?) to 6 cm, isn't that more like a 90% reduction (assuming the tumour is somewhat sphere-like)? :confused:

Volume of a sphere: 4/3 pi x radius cubed

It's been a long time since I've had to do the hard math but if Rob's tumour did indeed shrink from 12 cm (or 12 by 12, wasn't it?) to 6 cm, isn't that more like a 90% reduction (assuming the tumour is somewhat sphere-like)? :confused:

So, just to fill in the blanks: if the tumor was really 12cm in diameter (i.e. 12cm x 12cm, roughly spheroid), its radius was 6cm and volume ~900cm cubed; and if it has really shrunk by 50% to ~450cm cubed, the radius is still 4.75cm and diameter 9.5cm -- so even if it has shrunk by 50%, he's got a 9.5cm * 9.5cm tumor in his gut, plus the satellite. Still huge, still probably inoperable or close to it.

This, of course, is all extrapolated from a lie. But it just goes to show that, even if it wasn't a lie, it's not enough to save his butt.

Though I do notice how the non-Worms newspapers are treating this shrunken-tumour story rather offhandedly: "yeah, yeah, we heard ya, now let's go on with *real* news stories"...

So, just to fill in the blanks: if the tumor was really 12cm in diameter (i.e. 12cm x 12cm, roughly spheroid), its radius was 6cm and volume ~900cm cubed; and if it has really shrunk by 50% to ~450cm cubed, the radius is still 4.75cm and diameter 9.5cm -- so even if it has shrunk by 50%, he's got a 9.5cm * 9.5cm tumor in his gut, plus the satellite. Still huge, still probably inoperable or close to it.

This, of course, is all extrapolated from a lie. But it just goes to show that, even if it wasn't a lie, it's not enough to save his butt.

Right you guys are, and you both win the non-prize! It's hard enough for the Fords to understand grade 2-3 maths, but this is geometry, calling it advanced is an understatement.

Of course it's possible the brothers are just speaking to the average Ford voter, just like rounding numbers like "50%", "1 billion", or "$40 thousand". I guess zeros are preferred with large numbers as not to confuse or upset FN.

Last edited:
I love how Mt Sinai is handling this. Refusing to put out official updates, no news conferences. Keeping their busy docs away from an oxygen-sucking drama.

In my hospital PR days, we always dreaded families who began to play to the media because the demands for updates can take up so much time from people who really have more important things to do. We recognized that the media attention often provided the patients & families with a huge distraction from an unbearable situation, but it frequently led to family members giving out inaccurate medical information, publicly doubting the staff when things didn't get better, and demanding all sorts of time and space for their 15 minutes of fame.

And having Doug Ford as the medical spox is just brilliant. Because we all know how reliable he is, fact-wise.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 34s34 seconds ago
Doug Ford now appearing on @CP24 outside Humber Valley hospital to present $40,000 bobblehead cheque

Meanwhile in more important news, the Waterfront Toronto board is meeting. DMW was pretty restrained too.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in more important news, the Waterfront Toronto board is meeting. DMW was pretty restrained too.

Blah, blah, blah... Ford style. The part I find humorous is Diane being cut off twice, once by the PR doc and once by Dougie himself. Not much of an advertisement for Robbie but Doug did get the word out; just another news cycle blurb.

I did find it interesting that Dougie signed the "bubble-head" cheque while Diane signed the Ford family cheque. It seems Diane is still firmly in control of bulk of Ford money.

The final laugh is thinking you can hold an outdoor event and try to sign wet "game show" cheques.

Blah, blah, blah... Ford style. The part I find humorous is Diane being cut off twice, once by the PR doc and once by Dougie himself. Not much of an advertisement for Robbie but Doug did get the word out; just another news cycle blurb.

I did find it interesting that Dougie signed the "bubble-head" cheque while Diane signed the Ford family cheque. It seems Diane is still firmly in control of bulk of Ford money.

The final laugh is thinking you can hold an outdoor event and try to sign wet "game show" cheques.

So exactly how many cheques have the Fords written to HumberRRH this year? Seems to me there was supposed to be another Bubble head cheque earlier this year from when Rob was shilling from in front of Mom's just before he got sick. What happened to that cheque, or is this that cheque? And didn't Diane already give $50,000 to Humber? Or is this her $50,000 donation? For all the bluster, I was expecting more novelty cheques but good on the Fords for their donations anyway. But wasn't Mt. Sinai supposed to get bubble head money too?

Last edited:

AoD

CP24's on-air staff barely understand what they're reading anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back