News   Jul 11, 2024
 665     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 688     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Visser ‏@joshvisser
Poor John Tory. CP24 switches from his big TTC announcement to speak with Doug Ford.

CP2Ford just can't get over it...

Urban Toronto has its priorities straight. Whatever Ford says should always be that last thing on anyone's mind.

15851670347_48d1a1419b_o.jpg

Last edited:
The silence from Mount Sinai about the prognosis is deafening.

"We will not be providing an update on Mr. Ford’s condition" Mount Sinai Hospital on Rob Ford
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/544872456415346688

I wouldn't read anything into it, Casita. Mount Sinai has been consistent in its no-comment policy since its first — and only — press conference when Rob was diagnosed. Seems to me that MSH simply figures its job to is to help patients, not the media.( And who'd blame them!)

I wouldn't read anything into it, Casita. Mount Sinai has been consistent in its no-comment policy since its first — and only — press conference when Rob was diagnosed. Seems to me that MSH simply figures its job to is to help patients, not the media.( And who'd blame them!)

They are doing the right thing. Let these Ford clowns deal with their own pathetic media events.

I remember reading somewhere that radiation is used after chemo to attempt to further reduce the tumour before surgery. Where's the UT doctor when you need him?

Radiation is also used kill the tissue around a tumour, where cancer cells might be hiding. If I understand correctly, this is useful when surgeons can't remove a recommended "margin" of tissue surrounding a tumour. From what I know (not much), if Rob's tumour has shrunk, it makes it easier to operate. But no one has said whether the docs will be able to remove the tumour or just "de-bulk" it. More wait and see.

They are doing the right thing. Let these Ford clowns deal with their own pathetic media events.

That's what CP2Ford is for. As usual, they pre-empt anything non-Ford with BREAKING NEWS ABOUT ROB FORD'S TUMOUR!

What really bugged me this morning were the two hosts on NT 1010 after 5 AM (the only time I listen to them anymore) going on like he was ready to go for 2018 and it could be a tough match for Tory. Let's see, Tory has met with the PM and Premier within the first two weeks of being mayor, is professional and has changed the tone at City Hall, and has some potentially doable plans, while Rob only met with his crack dealers and shady associates, was totally incompetent and disrespectful of the office of mayor, fellow Councillors and the people of Toronto and had no plans, plus now he just votes against everything willy nilly. "Ford could be a tough match for Tory" ... Really??? Even if Ford isn't dead long before the next election, if Tory does an even half-way decent job, there is still no comparison. I hope most people would see this by the time we get there, if we have to go there. Hopefully Rob will be irrelevant and/or a bad memory by that time.

Unfortunately he's going to keep soaking up the publicity given to him by CP2Ford until then. Tory could be announcing that crates of cash have been found under City Hall, enough to pay for all kinds of new transit, but CP2Ford would still cut away to Doug if he was making some announcement that Rob's tumour will be running in the next election. Ugh.

Let's say the tumor has shrunk by 50% (which it for sure hasn't, just based on the sources). It will still measure 6inches in diameter, which still places him in the high mortality risk for his type of cancer. And the other high mortality risk factors that he has (stage 4, abdominal location, age, etc) haven't changed.

Let's say the tumor has shrunk by 50% (which it for sure hasn't, just based on the sources). It will still measure 6inches in diameter, which still places him in the high mortality risk for his type of cancer. And the other high mortality risk factors that he has (stage 4, abdominal location, age, etc) haven't changed.

actually 3 inches...

actually 3 inches...

It's metric time boys and girls. It's 6 cm approximately, which is still considered large for this type of tumour. Even if he makes it to 5 years survival, he's going to have to go through hell to get there. Personally, I don't think Rob is much of a fighter, he's had everything handed to him, so he's in for a rude awakening if he thinks the chemo was the hard part.

I'm a horrible person. Seriously.

I am actually disappointed that Ford's tumor is shrinking. Perhaps if this was Doug's I wouldn't feel so small, but I do think there is a decent person under all that deceit. Yes he is incompetent for the role of mayor and he caused serious damage to our city's reputation and potential, but that doesn't mean he is ALL bad.

I guess I wanted to see him get his just dessert. As I said, here is someone who caused all this damage to Toronto and had such neglect for his own health, and was able to escape consequence. Not only this, but he he didn't even have the decency to step down for the greater good, and a sizable amount of people want to see him continue to hold office.

If he does beat this and runs for mayor in 2018, the anti-Ford group needs to get the message across to the masses as to why he is unfit for mayor. The fact that over 30% of people voted for a Ford in the last election says that we are failing as an intelligent democracy more than it does that there will always be stupid people that we have to deal with.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go to church and repent my sins to thy Father.

you are not a horrible person, just remember the guy verbally offered up his wife (believe his exact words were "you can **** if you want, in front of me".) Decent people don't say that sh*t even if they're drunk.

A lot of people were disappointed that Rob would face any charges or testify in court due to the cancer. Maybe he might now.

Ann Hui
@annhui
Wow. @CP24 just cut away from Mayor John Tory's TTC fare announcement to go to Doug Ford, updating on ex-mayor Rob Ford's condition

I didn't see this tweet. Someone called them out on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back