5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 745     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 726     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob has told Joe Worms that his tumour has shrunk by half ... it's a Miracle!

Perhaps a Festivus Miracle! I can hardly wait for an "airing of grievances"!

I'm a horrible person. Seriously.

I am actually disappointed that Ford's tumor is shrinking. Perhaps if this was Doug's I wouldn't feel so small, but I do think there is a decent person under all that deceit. Yes he is incompetent for the role of mayor and he caused serious damage to our city's reputation and potential, but that doesn't mean he is ALL bad.

I guess I wanted to see him get his just dessert. As I said, here is someone who caused all this damage to Toronto and had such neglect for his own health, and was able to escape consequence. Not only this, but he he didn't even have the decency to step down for the greater good, and a sizable amount of people want to see him continue to hold office.

If he does beat this and runs for mayor in 2018, the anti-Ford group needs to get the message across to the masses as to why he is unfit for mayor. The fact that over 30% of people voted for a Ford in the last election says that we are failing as an intelligent democracy more than it does that there will always be stupid people that we have to deal with.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go to church and repent my sins to thy Father.

Tory's response, although he should probably just ignore Doug, should be: 'You go on ahead, Doug. I'll see you down there. Don't wait up'.

Or better yet - My insurance company won't allow it. Have a nice day. PS: Here is a bottle of pepto - for the alligators. Much love, JT.

AoD

I am actually disappointed that Ford's tumor is shrinking. Perhaps if this was Doug's I wouldn't feel so small, but I do think there is a decent person under all that deceit. Yes he is incompetent for the role of mayor and he caused serious damage to our city's reputation and potential, but that doesn't mean he is ALL bad.

I guess I wanted to see him get his just dessert. As I said, here is someone who caused all this damage to Toronto and had such neglect for his own health, and was able to escape consequence. Not only this, but he he didn't even have the decency to step down for the greater good, and a sizable amount of people want to see him continue to hold office.

If he does beat this and runs for mayor in 2018, the anti-Ford group needs to get the message across to the masses as to why he is unfit for mayor. The fact that over 30% of people voted for a Ford in the last election says that we are failing as an intelligent democracy more than it does that there will always be stupid people that we have to deal with.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go to church and repent my sins to thy Father.

Nothing new about death.

But, this is the first time in my memory that a Chairman or Mega-City Mayor has disgraced our city. He put public safety at risk through his drug and alcohol use.

As far as I'm concerned, unless you are on vacation and have notified the Deputy that s/he is in charge, you have to stay sober - and available via your City issued cell phone in case of emergency - 24/7.

( Nobody is saying you can't have "a couple of pops", but it seems to have gone far beyond that. His own mother wanted him to install a Breathalyzer in the 'lade. )

Last edited:

Shrinking doesn't necessarily mean it'll go away completely, right?

Also, weren't there two liposarcomas?

No it won't go away without radiation, surgery and probably more chemo, and even then it doesn't leave completely. This type of cancer is known for returning, so he's looking at dealing with this for the rest of his life. Yes, there was another tumour, so he's stage 4, it's doubtful he'll be around in 2 years time. I'm sure he'll milk it for every drop of sympathy he can get, but it won't change the inevitable.

No it won't go away without radiation, surgery and probably more chemo, and even then it doesn't leave completely. This type of cancer is known for returning, so he's looking at dealing with this for the rest of his life. Yes, there was another tumour, so he's stage 4, it's doubtful he'll be around in 2 years time. I'm sure he'll milk it for every drop of sympathy he can get, but it won't change the inevitable.

The silence from Mount Sinai about the prognosis is deafening.

"We will not be providing an update on Mr. Ford’s condition" Mount Sinai Hospital on Rob Ford
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/544872456415346688

Last edited:
The silence from Mount Sinai about the prognosis is deafening.

Not only that, but why would they run a scan when he still had a chemo treatment this week. Something doesn't sound right, he must have been having other problems for them to run a scan before this week's treatment. The fact that Doug has confirmed a doctor dropped by today when he was at the hospital and confirmed the results makes me even more sceptical.

Nope, tumors shrink all the time in response to chemo, but if it is not removed definitively, you bet it will bounce back on day even more virulently. And as I recall, radiation isn't the typical curative treatment - palliative perhaps?

AoD

I agree with you. Call be cold-hearted, but I don't feel sorry for assholes. For all of you who wish him well, be careful what you wish for because he will run in the next election.

Not only that, but why would they run a scan when he still had a chemo treatment this week. Something doesn't sound right, he must have been having other problems for them to run a scan before this week's treatment. The fact that Doug has confirmed a doctor dropped by today when he was at the hospital and confirmed the results makes me even more sceptical.

When we first found out he had a tumor it was 12cm by 12cm, a VERY large tumor of this type and had become "necrotic" and spread . Even if it has shrunk to half it's size it's still classed as LARGE and may be considered inoperable unless radiation can shrink it even more. My guess is, pardon the additional Seinfeld reference, "Prognosis Negative" and the hospital doesn't want to be trying to sugar coat a shit situation.

http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=en&Expert=99969

Nope, tumors shrink all the time in response to chemo, but if it is not removed definitively, you bet it will bounce back on day even more virulently. And as I recall, radiation isn't the typical curative treatment - palliative perhaps?

AoD

I remember reading somewhere that radiation is used after chemo to attempt to further reduce the tumour before surgery. Where's the UT doctor when you need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back