4.9K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 514     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 584     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP24's on-air staff barely understand what they're reading anyway.

I've watched City-TV news since it came on the air. But, only for their coverage of our emergency services in action. Glen Cole ( who was a neighbour of mine ) and Mark Daily were true friends of the services. ( Glen used to point to his on-air "war map" of Metro. LOL )

I've never followed federal or provincial politics, and barely followed Toronto politics until the Ford's got into the mayor's office. I have complete confidence in our new mayor and our councillor ( now into her second term ).

It creeps me out that, in spite of everything, the Ford's are still able to command so much media attention. If it wasn't for John Tory, they would still be in the mayor's office.

Last edited:
Interesting read in the Toronto Life, see link:

Q&A: Nick Kouvalis, the kingmaker behind both Rob Ford and John Tory’s mayoral wins

nick-kouvalis-qa.jpg

What was the nature of the falling out in 2011?
My primary job as chief of staff was to advise the mayor, and I found myself not able to implement the agenda that was set by Mayor Ford. I found myself not able to run the office, and I found that my advice wasn’t being taken. So there was no point for me to be there anymore.

Attachments

• nick-kouvalis-qa.jpg
    nick-kouvalis-qa.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 667
And having Doug Ford as the medical spox is just brilliant. Because we all know how reliable he is, fact-wise.

He's Doctor Doug. The Doug-tor.

I'm guessing MSH is just letting him talk because it's too exhausting and embarrassing to have to keep correcting him. Then if Doug is publicly proven wrong - either by a third party or by an obvious change in Rob - it'll all be on him, not the hospital.

So exactly how many cheques have the Fords written to HumberRRH this year? Seems to me there was supposed to be another Bubble head cheque earlier this year from when Rob was shilling from in front of Mom's just before he got sick. What happened to that cheque, or is this that cheque? And didn't Diane already give $50,000 to Humber? Or is this her $50,000 donation? For all the bluster, I was expecting more novelty cheques but good on the Fords for their donations anyway. But wasn't Mt. Sinai supposed to get bubble head money too?

Me thinks we are dealing with the same monies from both the "bubble-heads" and Diane.

Yet, you can be sure when the time is right, the Fords will tell us this amounted to millions donated to the health care system on behalf of Rob.

Yet, you can be sure when the time is right, the Fords will tell us this amounted to millions donated to the health care system on behalf of Rob.

Actually, I'm looking forward to the opening of the Robert Bruce Ford Cancer Clinic at Humber. This family never does anything quietly, they really don't have a clue about giving to charity and not bragging about it. Totally without class.

CP24's on-air staff barely understand what they're reading anyway.

I've watched City-TV news since it came on the air.

CITY-TV and CP24 have had separate owners for over 7 years now.

I read a fantastic book on negotiation years back and one of my greatest take-aways was the idea that the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. Hate is much closer to love. Hate is a buying signal. My point in short is if you really want to express your dislike for Ford or his family just don't care at all about them. Let this thread sink down into the dark abyss of the internet. Stop enabling them.

I personally see the Fords as a positive force in this city now that they are on the outside. They are a reminder, like hostile forces gathering beyond the gates that unless those in power remain humble, keep one eye on the disenchanted masses, retribution is there ready to tear the roof down on all our heads. The underlying motivating philosophy here is lose-lose. I lose, you lose, we all lose. That feeling, that motivation is the driving force behind Ford Nation.

Regular millions or Doug-tor Evil millions? :p

Actually, I'm looking forward to the opening of the Robert Bruce Ford Cancer Clinic at Humber. This family never does anything quietly, they really don't have a clue about giving to charity and not bragging about it. Totally without class.

Wings usually are named for the dead.

CITY-TV and CP24 have had separate owners for over 7 years now.
Indeed. CP24 is part of CTV these days, not CITY. CITY is part of Rogers with Omni (CFMT) and Sportsnet. It was the CityNews channel that was related to City from 2011 until they closed it in 2013.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"Mayor John Tory will make an announcement about major construction work in the City of Toronto tomorrow" city press release #TOpoli

CP2Ford will cut away from it to talk to Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back