117     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 964     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 880     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad but true. Didn't Sue Ann Levy even suggest at first that the stress from media and the police investigation likely contributed to him getting cancer?

Yes I believe she did. Now if only it is that effective a carcinogen...I can think of a few other individuals who can use some stress from media.

"Toronto Mayor Rob Ford said Monday that he was bullied as a child by kids who made fun of his weight..."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-says-he-was-bullied-about-his-weight-1.1260074[/QUOTE]

FFS, now the bully is using bullying as an excuse.

AoD

Last edited:
That would be interesting wouldn't it, especially the health and family organized fun connections.

Also lawyer Dennis Morris is quoted as saying: "Because of who he was, who his family was, through osmosis he ended up getting involved in criminal activities at different phases of his life, but that was not his (whole) life."

He's talking about Danny Boy Gravelle, of course, but how long before "osmosis" becomes a defence for members of families with a propensity for criminal activities such as, oh, say, the Fords?

Is Rob at council today? Only 29 councillors are present due to the bad weather.

ETA: Yes.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"Recorded vote" Councillor Rob Ford demands a recorded vote on approving the minutes from the last council meeting #TOpoli

Last edited:
Rob Ford calls for another recorded vote & then another recorded vote #TOpoli
It seems pretty clear that Rob Ford is going to demand that every vote be a recorded vote while he's in the council chamber #TOpoli

Can't admit that he isn't mayor.

Council has a 41 to 1 vote. Rob Ford is lone vote against #TOpoli
Council approves financing for the Yorkville Ave. streetscape project financing. Vote is 41 to 1 (Rob Ford votes no) #TOpoli
Jennifer Pagliaro
@jpags
Ford is picking out individual reports to ask for a recorded vote so he can be the only one to vote them down. Mammoliti joins him on some.

Some things never change.

Last edited:
Yeah, record it alright - got to remember how he voted regarding Nelson Mandela. JT should just shortcircuit him and demand that every vote be recorded.

AoD

Hey, an ex-mayor has got to have a reason to get up in the morning... if he's not in council, he's going to be hawking bobbleheads on a street corner near you.

Elizabeth Church @lizchurchto
Cllr Rob Ford is the lone vote against several motions this morning. #TOpoli

The difference now is that he isn't mayor, just a lone wolf councillor. It still isn't right though.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Ford said he wants to vote against Tory's motion to have more than one deputy mayor.

Only because he wasn't chosen.

"RECORDED! DID YOU HEAR THAT?" Rob Ford shouts that he wants a recorded vote #TOpoli
Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Ford is on feet, demanding recorded vote. Nunziata managed to get a couple in where they weren't. Ford yells "RECORDED" at next opportunity.

This is more amusing than anything now!

Last edited:
The difference now is that he isn't mayor, just a lone wolf councillor. It still isn't right though.
Only because he wasn't chosen.
This is more amusing than anything now!

Did Frances' read the rule of order and enforce decorum, I wonder.

Anyways, someone should tell Rob that he don't get to wear the chain of office as Deputy - he should pick one up at the One of a Kind Art show instead.

AoD

BenSpurr 10:31am via TweetDeck
"It seems that everything I do in this place causes a bit of controversy," says Giorgio Mammoliti.

I noticed a very interesting sentence in that article, " involved the misuse of medical marijuana permits."
Sounds just a little familiar, as in dry cleaner guy. So yes, I'd say it was the same lawyer. Another coincidence, hmmm.

Maybe it's some neurons misfiring, but wasn't there something in an ITO about the undercover cop trying to buy drugs from the dry cleaner, and they had to wait on a delivery from Hamilton?

Agreed. But, FN eats this stuff up.

What's the difference in time between a show of hands and a recorded vote? Add up the time of all the councillors and staff in the chamber, the time to record it in the minutes and multiply by the number of unnecessary votes. That number = gravy by any definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back