121     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 973     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 884     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but the only way we will be permanently rid of RoFo is death. I think that if he runs again and he stays clean, he will win. I had been talking to a friend in November and he said to me "do you realize that without the crack, he would get voted in again" and I believe he was right.

I think RoFo is either in a huge amount of denial or aware that he doesn't have much time left but that if he keeps talking about running it might motivate some people to vote for a Ford, any Ford, if he buys the farm before he has a chance to run again.

Then again, he was unable to complete his run for mayor and the Ford appeal didn't carry over to Doug enough. Who else might there be?

But then again, and esp. if we're to speak in "posthumous" terms by 2018, keep in mind that there remains a difference among Ford Nations, i.e. don't overuse Flagglandia as a proxy for Fordlandia.

Yes. There are different groups of Ford supporters and some of them can't stand each other.

Yes. There are different groups of Ford supporters and some of them can't stand each other.

As in any political party.

I know TO does not have political parties, but FN is close to an unofficial opposition. Anyone in the bloodline can lead it.

Out of aprox. 70 mayoral candidates, only JT came out ahead of FN. I don't see anyone else on the horizon who could mount a serious challenge to FN in an election.

Maybe it's some neurons misfiring, but wasn't there something in an ITO about the undercover cop trying to buy drugs from the dry cleaner, and they had to wait on a delivery from Hamilton?

It sounds kinda familiar but they had tons of dope on Supertest Road where the dry cleaner had his permit. Maybe a different supplier?

Maybe it's some neurons misfiring, but wasn't there something in an ITO about the undercover cop trying to buy drugs from the dry cleaner, and they had to wait on a delivery from Hamilton?

Yup...
Hamilton 1.png

Hamilton 2.png

Dascaluta and Barbudan Dima (both from Hamilton) were eventually charged with drug trafficking as a result of the dry cleaning probe.

No immediate connections between the two of them and Gravelle.

Attachments

• Hamilton 1.png
    Hamilton 1.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 517
  • Hamilton 2.png
    Hamilton 2.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong moves a motion that council will only pay Giorgio Mammoliti's legal fees up to $20,000 #TOpoli

F you DMW. This guy doesn't deserve a dime from taxpayers. I thought you were a fiscal conservative.

Council votes 37 to 1 to create 3 additional deputy mayors (Rob Ford votes no) #TOpoli
Glenn De Baeremaeker, Pam McConnell & Vince Crisanti are now also deputy mayors (along with No. 1 deputy mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong) #TOpoli

Well, that is done.

Elizabeth Church @lizchurchto
Rob Ford says election not just fought on transit. "That was not a referendum on transit" he says. #TOpoli

For the most part, it was.

Natalie Johnson @NatalieCTV
Rob Ford tells council that SmartTrack comes down to fancy streetcars. Warns that the plan will rip up roads. #throwbackthursday

I like the snark!

Last edited:
Cllr Anthony Perruzza is arguing SmartTrack is on a "collision course" with the Scarborough subway #TOpoli

interesting that he said that given that...

"I don't know what SmartTrack is" Cllr Anthony Perruzza #TOpoli

No, it was a referendum on him, his family and their politics of bullsh*t, and they lost even with the vote split.

AoD

I follow a page on Facebook called "I'm from Scarborough" and a lot of people said they would vote for Doug based only on subways.

Council votes 41 to 2 to approve Cllr Kristyn Wong-Tam's gender equity lens for SmartTrack motion #TOpoli

Ford voted "no."

Jude MacDonald
@judemacdonald
Thanks to @FrancesNunziata for a new approach as chair of City Council. Really appreciating the tone you're setting today. #TOpoli

This is a different Nunziata it seems.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Council passes bulk of SmartTrack motion on accelerated work plan 42 to 1. Ford votes against it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back