889     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 792     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 583     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dates are right. He had chemo 1 week before the swearing in, so that's about 20 days between treatments. The next scan will probably be around 2 weeks after to confirm if the tumour is responding to the chemo and shrinking.

Faking chemo doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Norm Wilner @normwilner
@ScottScottyp8 He's just realizing the co-mayor structure Doug put forward isn't actually happening, so he's acting out.

It would explain a lot!

Most things Rob does don't make a lot of sense to me

Faking cancer makes no sense to me, yet people have done it

Yes, I have seen that in the news before. They shave their head and throw up on purpose.

I hate to say it but the only way we will be permanently rid of RoFo is death. I think that if he runs again and he stays clean, he will win.

Ford Nation respects the bloodline. Rob would be seen as their martyr. Regardless of what the doctors say, many would believe that the cancer was caused by media persecution.

If for some reason Mayor Tory was unable to finish his term, or did not run in 2018, I believe Doug would be unstoppable. Who would stand in his way? Ms. Chow?

Last edited:
This reminds me of the late Lowell George, bandleader of Little Feat, who had a huge coke habit. When they finally cut off his money supply, he once grabbed all the band T-shirts for sale at a gig, and went around personally selling them to fans, including an autograph if they wanted it, and pocketed the cash so he could buy an 8-ball...

Awww damn L.D. got me nostalgic for some Feats right now! I smell a vinyl night in.

Ford Nation respects the bloodline. Rob would be seen as their martyr. Regardless of what the doctors say, many would believe that the cancer was caused by media persecution.

If for some reason Mayor Tory was unable to finish his term, or did not run in 2018, I believe Doug would be unstoppable. Who would stand in his way? Ms. Chow?

Wong-Tam? Thompson?

But yeah, bloodline--besides Doug (and maybe Mikey), who else? As I've suggested, a politically viable Ford Nation really does not exist beyond the Ford family compound--the abject failure of the Flagg/IHTWOMRF council-candidate flagbearers proves it. About the best they can do is, well, fellow Conservative John Tory--who, as the results in the poor suburban wards proves, just doesn't register well with "folks".

But then again, and esp. if we're to speak in "posthumous" terms by 2018, keep in mind that there remains a difference among Ford Nations, i.e. don't overuse Flagglandia as a proxy for Fordlandia.

Oh, and re this thread vs the John Tory thread, "activity-wise": may I Godwin the argument by offering that a thread on Adolf Hitler's Germany will, understandably, be a lot more active than one on Konrad Adenauer's Germany.

A bullet? Seriously, Doug is dead in municipal politics, the cost of losing (unless he is claiming all losses on taxes) is not sustainable. 500k? That's quite the personal bill.

... many would believe that the cancer was caused by media persecution.

Sad but true. Didn't Sue Ann Levy even suggest at first that the stress from media and the police investigation likely contributed to him getting cancer?

Just read this in the Hamilton Spectator and wondering if this is the Fords hotmail lawyer.

Daniel George Gravelle, 53, dies while facing drug charges. His lawyer Dennis Morris

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5200844-hamilton-crime-family-loses-one-of-its-sons/

Now I will be humming Dennis Morris, Dennis Morris riding through the woods, etc etc ...all freaking day.

I noticed a very interesting sentence in that article, " involved the misuse of medical marijuana permits."
Sounds just a little familiar, as in dry cleaner guy. So yes, I'd say it was the same lawyer. Another coincidence, hmmm.

Just read this in the Hamilton Spectator and wondering if this is the Fords hotmail lawyer.

Daniel George Gravelle, 53, dies while facing drug charges. His lawyer Dennis Morris

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5200844-hamilton-crime-family-loses-one-of-its-sons/

Now I will be humming Dennis Morris, Dennis Morris riding through the woods, etc etc ...all freaking day.

That would be interesting wouldn't it, especially the health and family organized fun connections.

Sad but true. Didn't Sue Ann Levy even suggest at first that the stress from media and the police investigation likely contributed to him getting cancer?

Addictive personality + stress... hmmm... all existed before 2010. SAL just spews twattle as such, I'm surprised she has not claimed Rob was abused as a child.

I like how Tory has hit the ground running and I bet if he can keep this up and run the City clean and without drama people will overwhelmingly support Tory for as long as he wants the job - a bit like a Lastman or McCallion. He's a great Ambassador for the City, speaks well, excuses himself when he mis-speaks and has solid relationships, positive relationships - with the other levels of government.

Ford can try and run in 4 years but Tory will be a strong candidate, won't have to contend with the Chow vote and with the electoral reforms being brought in by the Province (ranked voting and a shorter campaign) Ford nation has seen its last days until Mikey can walk across Toronto Harbour without getting his feet wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back