News   Jul 29, 2024
 302     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL Gee:eek: Hope its not true

From the Star...........http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...liti-says-he-s-probing-a-city-hall-conspiracy

Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti says he’s probing a city hall conspiracy
Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti now says he quit Mayor Rob Ford’s executive committee in part to investigate a conspiracy that might have involved phone tapping and people being followed.

Mammoliti made the startling accusation Thursday to reporters camped outside of Ford’s office hoping to hear from the mayor a day before an appeal court rules if it will uphold his ejection from office.

“There is an investigation going on in my office and it seems there are some people in this city that have targeted certain individuals and have planned to do a number of things over the next little while.

“Once that surfaces I’ll be going to the police,†said Mammoliti, who dramatically quit Ford’s executive in November, saying it was what his constituents wanted after Ford was found to have breached provincial law.

The colourful Ward 7 York West councillor is in hot water himself after a city-ordered audit found his 2010 election campaign overspent the limit by 44 per cent. The compliance audit committee meets Feb. 4 to decide whether to turn the findings over to a prosecutor for possible legal action.

Mammoliti now says he started to get calls “telling me that there have been some meetings, some secret meetings amongst private citizens and councillors.†He decided to investigate himself and felt it wasn’t “appropriate†to do that while sitting on executive, he said.

Since then he has received information suggesting “my phones for instance, and other phones, being either tampered with or tapped, and it’s pointed to other people being followed in the city by private members of Toronto.â€

There appears to be a “group of people†trying o do “personal damage,†he said.

Such a publicity seeker...

From Star:

"Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti now says he quit Mayor Rob Ford’s executive committee in part to investigate a conspiracy that might have involved phone tapping and people being followed.

Mammoliti made the startling accusation Thursday to reporters camped outside of Ford’s office hoping to hear from the mayor a day before an appeal court rules if it will uphold his ejection from office.

“There is an investigation going on in my office and it seems there are some people in this city that have targeted certain individuals and have planned to do a number of things over the next little while.

“Once that surfaces I’ll be going to the police,” said Mammoliti, who dramatically quit Ford’s executive in November, saying it was what his constituents wanted after Ford was found to have breached provincial law.

The colourful Ward 7 York West councillor is in hot water himself after a city-ordered audit found his 2010 election campaign overspent the limit by 44 per cent. The compliance audit committee meets Feb. 4 to decide whether to turn the findings over to a prosecutor for possible legal action."

Mammoliti is a loose cannon. His irresponsible allegations of conspiracy reek of paranoid delusion. The one-time ally of Rob Ford seems to be seeing enemies everywhere these days.

Mammoliti, P.I.

Mammoliti: ‘If I get a smell of communism, they’re off the (Facebook) page’
Daniel Dale, Toronto Star, Published on Tuesday August 09, 2011

“But I will be monitoring their comments,” he said, “and if I get a smell of communism, they’re off the page.” Asked by a laughing reporter how he would smell communism, Mammoliti laughed and said, “Only Mammoliti has that keen sense of smell.”

‘Communist movement’ hiding in NDP, Mammoliti warns
National Post - Natalie Alcoba | Aug 12, 2011

“I’m going to say something that might be very controversial for the city, but it’s my view that the communist movement in Toronto is hidden, and it’s hidden through one of its major parties, and I used to belong to that party,” said Mr. Mammoliti, who was an MPP for the NDP party during the 90s.

Giorgio Mammoliti's failed gotcha mission - showing up at the Dyke March with a video camera
Toronto Life Daily Informer - Dave Zarum July 4, 2011

No, the man with the hand-held video camera pointed at Saturday’s Dyke March was not a creepy voyeur—it was just city councillor Giorgio Mammoliti. A few months back, Mammoliti led a campaign to revoke city funding if Pride Toronto organizers allowed the Queers Against Israeli Apartheid to participate in its annual parade.
Possibly inspired by the new Mission: Impossible movie, Mammoliti embarked on a recon operation of his own, and after allegedly recording defamatory anti-Israeli chants, he’s planning to meet with Mayor Rob Ford to discuss cutting funding from next year’s parade.

What does "building a transportation city" even mean?

I believe Ford means moving away from Transit City (a plan that only focuses on LRTs) to a plan that looks at broader issues such as subways, new roads, widening roads, synchronizing traffic lights, etc.

Ford strongly felt that when it came to the city's transportation issues, Miller and Giambrone focused on LRTs and nothing else.

Last edited:
Such a publicity seeker...

From Star:

"Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti now says he quit Mayor Rob Ford’s executive committee in part to investigate a conspiracy that might have involved phone tapping and people being followed.

“Once that surfaces I’ll be going to the police,” said Mammoliti, who dramatically quit Ford’s executive in November, saying it was what his constituents wanted after Ford was found to have breached provincial law.

The colourful Ward 7 York West councillor is in hot water himself after a city-ordered audit found his 2010 election campaign overspent the limit by 44 per cent. The compliance audit committee meets Feb. 4 to decide whether to turn the findings over to a prosecutor for possible legal action."

To quote an old Elton John song, "and it's getting more and more absurd" .. this guy Mammoliti is cracked, I say, cracked. Worse than Ford. Can someone please explain how it is that electors have put him in office, more than once? Such a counterproductive guy. He ought to be easy to beat at election time. Well, in a sane world, I mean.

I believe Ford means moving away from Transit City (a plan that only focuses on LRTs) to a plan that looks at broader issues such as subways, new roads, widening roads, synchronizing traffic lights, etc.

Ford strongly felt that when it came to the city's transportation issues, Miller and Giambrone focused on LRTs and nothing else.

Miller got the Spadina extension started, didn't he? How much subway extension has Ford started?

I believe for Rob Ford it was sufficient to proclaim, as loud and as often as possible, "subways, subways, subways." There, job done.

Ford said "streets are for cars". Nothing else.

The same contact linked to Ruby's office that helped me break the news of the release of the verdict this week also tells me that should Ford somehow remain Mayor after tomorrow, there are 3 more -- THREE more! -- cases that if successful will evict Ford from office and bar him from running in 2014. At least one of them may still be pursued if the elections overspending case doesn't prevent him from running.

While I despise Ford as Mayor and concede that he is the only one to blame for putting himself in this position over and over again, this is indeed beginning to look like a witch hunt, a group of people trying to prevent Ford from being Mayor at all costs and taking advantage of his stupidity to do so. Does he deserve to be evicted from office? Absolutely. If not for the technicalities that were used to get him kicked out, then for being too stupid to understand them thus being abundantly unsuited for the office of Mayor.

Still, I'd rather see his defeat at the hands of the people. I'd like to think that Torontonians have learned. It would be so much more satisfying and final to have Ford lose dramatically at the polls.

Still, I'd rather see his defeat at the hands of the people. I'd like to think that Torontonians have learned. It would be so much more satisfying and final to have Ford lose dramatically at the polls.

That's the gamble, and I wouldn't bet money on him losing in the next election.

I would hate for it to happen, but is it possible that the court could order a new trial to take place?

I would hate for it to happen, but is it possible that the court could order a new trial to take place?

No. That's the point of the appeal. If the panels of judges is convinced that there was an error in the trial, then Ford walks away. If the judgement is upheld, then Ford is no longer Mayor. There's no further appeals for either side. The Divisional Court's decision is final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back