129     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to get confirmation from anybody else. This wasnt coming from chatter around CityHall, it came from somebody related to Ruby's office. I'm posting this for interest sake only. Right now, I cant offer guaranteed predictions unless I hear it from another independent source.

We won't have to wait long anyway. If it's indeed Thursday, the news should go mainstream by tomorrow.

On twitter today the TTC stroller controversary is heating up the pundits' knickers. My contribution:

smemo92.jpg

No city should have to endure what this individual has put us through.

Aw, there, there sugar.

What exactly has this mayor 'put you through' that's so awful? Give me some specific examples of things he's done that have made your life living in Toronto worse.

I can't think of any. Miller put us through the very real pain of a Garbage strike and a new land transfer tax.

What's Ford done in a real, tangible, concrete way that you can actually feel that has made life worse for you?

Miller put us through the very real pain of a Garbage strike and a new land transfer tax.

hahahaha... we need new news for this thread. Our leftwingers are emotionally traumatized and our rightwingers are still obsessing about a Mayor that's been gone for more than two years. Hawc -- Ford's an idiot. And that's got nothing to do with Miller. Get over it.

The list of things Ford has done on transit, for example, to set back the city's public transit for YEARS is long, formidable, and was completely avoidable by anyone even close to competent.

Aw, there, there sugar.

What exactly has this mayor 'put you through' that's so awful? Give me some specific examples of things he's done that have made your life living in Toronto worse.

Well, for starters, exacerbating the single worst problem plaguing this city by mindlessly 'killing' Transit City, delaying needed improvements for years.

Any idea when the appeal ruling will be released?

I received a tip from somebody close to the Ruby's office that said there were indications it would be coming Thursday. That's tomorrow. I'm beginning to doubt it since we haven't heard anything from other sources yet. It won't be far nonetheless. This week or next most likely.

This thread is so long and heavy that I don't really know what it is about anymore. I do however like to chime in every so often to give my opinion on the ebb and flow of Ford's popularity. Hate to say it but right now I would say in a public vote re-election scenerio Ford would win hands down. Nothing negative is sticking to the man from the perspective of his base. All it would take would be a sign of greater compromise or an acknowledgement on the part of Ford or his team that Ford has learned something or grown (which he doesn't actually seem to have) and re-election would be a slam dunk.

Rob Ford Verdict to be released Friday 10:30am

My source was right. Well, almost. Not tomorrow, but the next day. The verdict is ready. It'll be announced on Friday morning - 10:30am.

My source was right. Well, almost. Not tomorrow, but the next day. The verdict is ready. It'll be announced on Friday morning - 10:30am.

Kudos to you for the tip coming through.

It looks like it took the appeal judges took two weeks to come to their decision.

As discussed this past autumn after the original trial, some people thought the longer it took Justice Hackland to reach a decision, the more likely it was Ford would be found guilty. The theory was that if Hackland was actually considering removing Ford from office, he would take his time with the verdict. Obviously Ford was found guilty and you could argue there was some truth behind that theory.

These appeal judges reached their decision rather quickly... Perhaps we can assume that Hackland's verdict will stand and the appeal judges didn't need much time to review the case.

Ruby's team is very confident that Hackland's ruling will not be overturned. Rob Ford will not be Mayor by lunch time Friday.

The parties get the order at 9:30, an hour before the public. I hope to hear wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from City Hall as I leave Starbucks on my way to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back