News   Jun 25, 2024
 560     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ari Goldkind ‏@AriGoldkind · 7m7 minutes ago
I've just been pulled from tomorrow's debate. I don't know what to say right now about what's going on. Stunned. #TOpoli

Wow, that's all kinds of wrong. Gives Toronto a black eye, IMO...looks like dirty politics, from here. :\

It is sad that the organizers would rather have Doug spew lies.

Even though we're all sick and tired of Doug and his lies, for the city it is probably better not to siphon votes to Goldkind so that DouFo can slide up the middle. I doubt Goldkind is our Nenshi.

Even though we're all sick and tired of Doug and his lies, for the city it is probably better not to siphon votes to Goldkind so that DouFo can slide up the middle. I doubt Goldkind is our Nenshi.

That still doesn't make it okay. This is a democracy. He was invited to the debate. It is undemocratic and disgusting that he should be un-invited because another candidate throws a hissy fit unbecoming of a 5 year old.

Which debate is this? I honestly can't keep track of them.
This one
http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/priority-neighbourhood-mayoral-debate-tickets-13297307605

It is sad that the organizers would rather have Doug spew lies.
I'd like to think it's because they want to confront Doug, but that may be just wishful thinking.

Although they are not Ward 2, but I think there are people from Ward 2 coming. The VICE article states Mohamed Farah will be there:

And let’s talk about that program a bit because an organization you work with, Inner City Union, is hosting a mayoral debate tomorrow night. You’re going to be on the panel representing Rexdale. Before we keep going into this scandal, what is your day-to-day role in the community?
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-...cond-tape-featuring-a-crack-smoking-judge-555

Or not
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199987
But in a second interview later in the evening, [debate moderator Antonius] Clarke said that Farah had agreed to stay away.

"I got a call from a few candidates' offices saying that if he is in the same room, they will not attend," said Clarke. Doug Ford, Olivia Chow, and John Tory are all confirmed to take part, but Clarke would not say which candidates objected. The candidates did not immediately return a request for comment. Farah could not be reached.

Wow, that's all kinds of wrong. Gives Toronto a black eye, IMO...looks like dirty politics, from here. :\

I think as a whole everyone keeps wanting to think no one would do this stuff. It doesn't look like dirty politics. It ABSOLUTELY is. I am disappointed that we have a system where anyone can essentially do anything without any recourse. And at first I assumed it was simply because we just have such a nice society that we just didn't need to have rules for all this but the more I look at the historical stuff (IIRC someone posted a history of Toronto dirty politics here...or else I saw it on Huffington.), the more I realize we have just kept totally clotheslining each other over and over in Toronto politics. I think we have always just been too polite to demand better.

I'm hoping there are more Judes out there. I only wish I knew how to help more. Like finding the cause of Ari's banishment.

Last edited:
Ari Goldkind ‏@AriGoldkind · 7m7 minutes ago
I've just been pulled from tomorrow's debate. I don't know what to say right now about what's going on. Stunned. #TOpoli

There goes JT's covering fire. HIT BACK at them!

It sickens me to watch him just sit there and take it.

He doesn't seem to understand that the Rules of Engagement have changed.

No Ari, no JT. Nick should take him out of the ring rather than let those two go tag-team on him.

Last edited:
I think as a whole everyone keeps wanting to think no one would do this stuff. It doesn't look like dirty politics. It ABSOLUTELY is. I am disappointed that we have a system where anyone can essentially do anything without any recourse. And at first I assumed it was simply because we just have such a nice society that we just didn't need to have rules for all this but the more I look at the historical stuff (IIRC someone posted a history of Toronto dirty politics here...or else I saw it on Huffington.), the more I realize we have just kept totally clotheslining each other over and over in Toronto politics. I think we have always just been too polite to demand better.

I'm hoping there are more Judes out there. I only wish I knew how to help more. Like finding the cause of Ari's banishment.

All it takes are organizers with some backbone to say "tough - then don't show up". Its not like these debates are profit centres - they are not. Let the organizers know - all of them - we won't tolerate this.

Fofam knows ranked ballots are coming next time around - this is their last shot.

ok um....did anyone else just get a call for the Doug Ford virtual town hall event (or as the recording said eevent)? It asked me to stay on the line where Doug would be waiting live to answer questions. I didn't just because I know I would call him a dickhead again and then he would have my number. LOL. I regret now - should have recorded it.

But id Doug thinks he can convert Tory votes with this crap as he believes he's the smartest guy in every room... he barely qualifies to have thumbs - barely has a neck and still has the cro-magnon brow.

Last edited:
That still doesn't make it okay. This is a democracy. He was invited to the debate. It is undemocratic and disgusting that he should be un-invited because another candidate throws a hissy fit unbecoming of a 5 year old.

I agree with you 100%. It isn't democratic but it is practical. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I like Goldkind and I liked Soknacki. Reality is neither will get elected. 2 weeks before the election it's important to give those that might actually win the opportunity to debate and respond to Ford. Because no one can reveal the true nature of Ford like Ford himself. Without Ford we just get his asinine pressers and tv ads with no pushback. But that's just my opinion.

That might work if Tory and Chow were capable of properly pushing back.

It's rubbish. How do you uninvite someone to anything without good reason? Wtf is this, elementary school?

Ari Goldfind denied his opportunity to debate.

Garnering votes or not, I just like to see one of the Ford Brothers run for cover under a barrage of questions from a competent prosecuting attorney. Until the real thing comes along, that is.

So I'm sorry Ari won't be there.

Garnering votes or not, I just like to see one of the Ford Brothers run for cover under a barrage of questions from a competent prosecuting attorney. Until the real thing comes along, that is.

So I'm sorry Ari won't be there.

Now uninvited means he can still go to the debate..perhaps he can be creative with his audience opportunities. Play the same game as Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back