559     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinfoil-y? :)
Mark Towhey tweeted it yesterday:
Oct8tw.png

Not the first time 51 Div "followed him":

f) Observations were also commenced at 51 Division where Mark TOWHEY attended for an interview with investigators.
g) TOWHEY left immediately after the interview in a red Ford Explorer bearing licence [plate number; probably should be redacted but it isn't!]. Officers followed him for a short while and then discontinued their observations.

6/20/2013, pg 78

Attachments

• Oct8tw.png
    Oct8tw.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 693
I can't picture Cherry or Healy smoking crack, but maybe Siad is the coke connection for Toronto's celebs and prominent members of society. Or, maybe he's the guy who hooks up the guy that hooks them up.

Last edited:
Graeme just replied to me on Twitter and implied that Tory was the only person on the Charter board who ever made decisions...

Scott McIntyre claimed in his suit that the Ford rant video was about him. There was certainly discussion on this board about that claim, but I wouldn't say there was consensus.

My partner has suggested a theory which I shared here and warrants repeating: that it doesn't matter whether Ford was actually ranting about McIntyre, and McIntyre probably knows it isn't; including it in the suit is genius because it makes it very difficult for Ford to pretend he's not a violent hothead. Any claim Ford might make that he "would never, ever do something like that" is seriously weakened by Ford's own behaviour in the video.

I think Jimmi T had some idea when the murder rant vid was made. If it's before the first crack video was made (Feb 2013), then Farah is full of it & McIntyre's story seems more believable (McIntyre's problems started in 2012 when he demanded the Fords pay him money they owe him and Rob called the cops on him). If it's after that but before the story broke on Gawker, there's some chance they tried to sell it to RoFo first (& that was his reaction to the blackmail).

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that "disingenuous" is like the one big word Doug Ford decided to learn one day and he just deploys it whether it makes sense or not. Like, he mostly uses it the correct way (i.e. a nice way of saying, "You're a liar!") but then he starts using to just mean, "I think you're being mean," like when he said Galloway's interview was disingenuous. His inability to come up with a second five-syllable word, or to use this one even slightly less often, I'll confess, makes me titter.

He's escalating. Up next, "brobdingnagian".

"That, sir, is disingenuousness of brobdingnagian scale!", Mr. Ford said when asked to comment on reports that his wife's maternal grandparents were Salvationists".

I think Jimmi T had some idea when the murder rant vid was made. If it's before the first crack video was made (Feb 2013), then Farah is full of it & McIntyre's story seems more believable (McIntyre's problems started in 2012 when he demanded the Fords pay him money they owe him and Rob called the cops on him). If it's after that but before the story broke on Gawker, there's some chance they tried to sell it to RoFo first (& that was his reaction to the blackmail).

ya it was filmed after he was removed from office and before he won his appreal.

This is from a list only of Superior Court judges. There also are judges of the Court of Appeal and the Divisional Court, plus Provincial Court Judges and Small Claims Court judges. (Provincial Court may seem small potatoes at first hearing but a lot of criminal prosecutions are before Provincial Court judges.)

Perhaps the federal minister of justice or the PMO will leak that said jurist is, in fact, Beverly McLaughlin. Just for shits n' giggles.

I thought Cherry lived in Mississauga (i.e., not that far from Etobicoke) and that Healy lived in Ajax?

Siad claimed it was Don Cherry. I don't buy it though

Once upon a time, Cherry was reputed to live near Mississauga Rd. and Dundas St. W. That was more than 20 years ago, so who knows if it was true then or if he's still there. Not really that close to north Etobicoke.

But I don't buy that it's Cherry. Nor Healy. My money is still on Jay Onrait. He's always struck me as the kind of guy who likes to get coked up and party. (I wasn't the only one

Is Doug still getting paid by the City to represent Ward 2?

He is the only candidate for mayor ( at least in the top four ) who is a city employee / councillor. Rob ( until he got sick ) and Doug seem to campaign full-time.

I understand he is a Councillor, not an employee.

"Any employee who is a candidate for office for the City of Toronto Council must take an unpaid leave of absence. The leave begins before the employee files his/her nomination papers and ends on voting day."
http://wx.toronto.ca/intra/hr/policies.nsf/0/16093429d6c1c208852573530064fbbb?OpenDocument

It doesn't say anything about Councillors running for Mayor.

Is Doug still getting paid by the City to represent Ward 2?

He is the only candidate for mayor ( at least in the top four ) who is a city employee / councillor. Rob ( until he got sick ) and Doug seem to campaign full-time.

I understand he is a Councillor, not an employee.

"Any employee who is a candidate for office for the City of Toronto Council must take an unpaid leave of absence. The leave begins before the employee files his/her nomination papers and ends on voting day."
http://wx.toronto.ca/intra/hr/policies.nsf/0/16093429d6c1c208852573530064fbbb?OpenDocument

It doesn't say anything about Councillors running for Mayor.

Councillors aren't employees so a lot of what you're posting isn't applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back