55     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 437     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 885     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has councillor Doug Ford said anything about the recent shooting that happened in his ward? No press release? No statement? Not even a mere mention of his heart bleeding? Nothing?

Last edited:
"C'mon Karla. It's only for a coupla weeks. And no, you don't have to wear that skull cap thing. I think only the dudes wear that"
https://twitter.com/80sDougFord/status/519597015139774465

"Breaking: DoFo tries to pass off used crack pipe as Negev antiquity, Karla irate"
https://twitter.com/scmusicpolitics/status/519280005495259136

"I would not jump to the conclusion that Ford's wife actually knows the difference between Russian orthodox and Jewish"
https://twitter.com/Dleebosh/status/519282816526581760

Last edited:
Some Jews convert to Christianity but when they do it's almost never to Pentecostalism or to a church of ethnic Ruthenians!

In Central Europe, a fair number of very assimilated Jews converted to Christianity. But in predominantly Yiddish-speaking and traditional regions it was extremely rare. I'm not buying this story about a Jewish immigrant to Canada in 1913 deciding to identify as Christian Orthodox when they arrived.

And remember Ford is claiming that Karla's maternal grandparents were *Orthodox* Jews - how many of them convert to Christianity? Must have been tough for them to have 2 daughters get married in Pentecostal churches!

In Austria and Germany conversions were fairly commonplace. In Toronto, in 1947? Unheard of.

Good grief, another debate:

Jennifer PagliaroVerified account
‏@jpags
Mayoral candidates John Tory, Olivia Chow and Doug Ford all debate in Leaside in half an hour. I will tweet things #TOpoli

Nothing. I was born and raised in Toronto. This is my city and I'm not going to be run out of town by some conglomerate of fools who know nothing about this city beyond their property tax statement and how long it takes them to drive to work. People like the Fords and their dumb-downed politics will come and go. I'll still be here.

Well said Ramako! I was resolute when I left the suburbs and moved to Toronto that I would never go back to the small-minded hypocrisy of the neighbourhood I grew up in. The Toronto that I've lived in everyday has actually been pretty amazing, regardless of who my councillor or mayor has been. That it could be so much more doesn't take away from how good it can be day to day.

And you've also reminded me that beneath the politics of council lies the silent but strong bureaucracy. Having been a bureaucrat with the province, I know all about the many million ways of getting good, smart, forward-thinking policy in place in spite of the oversight of idiot politicians. And I've worked with Toronto - they have some truly great civil servants, many far better than the province.

Finally, if by some major miracle Doug is elected mayor, I don't think we'll have a repeat of Rob's term when council initially felt they had to go along with the mayor's mandate. The last four years empowered a lot of councillors who will likely return and be as activist from the outset of term as they were at the end. He'll just be the lone wolf voting against a fully realized coalition.

If Karla is Jewish, she should be entitled to burial in a Jewish cemetery.

( Hopefully, that is many years away. )

She is as Jewish as this!

ham.jpg

Attachments

• ham.jpg
    ham.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 652
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back