143     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 746     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 617     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thinkthe WithOut Passport thing has been debunked, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I thought the story was W/O Papers but it seems to be apocryphal and Ellis Island officers apparently didn't make anyone wear a W.O.P. sign. The more convincing explanation seems to be the Neapolitan term guappo, a form of address meaning approximately 'scoundrel' but related to (and derived from) the Spanish guapo, 'handsome'.

I rushed to judgement, sorry, I should know better, I didn't vet things properly before typing. On the other hand I feel better for not totally understanding the ignorance behind racial slurs.

You think more crack video news will affect Dougs support, even though it's about His bro?

Do you mean like the original video actually leaking???? For a long time I thought that it wouldn't matter if the video came out, but after the Ray Rice deal I was shocked by how many people changed their stance after seeing the violence for themselves (like somehow the image of him pulling Janay's nearly lifeless body out of the elevator wasn't a result of violence if they didn't personally see it????). I'm actually starting to think that some people in FN WOULD respond negatively if they saw the actual video.

Last edited:
Do you get the impression that this poll was commissioned with the intended purpose of making the race look close, no matter how they had to skew it to make it that way? I do.

I'm a regular, daily, reader of this thread, but don't post much.

Anyhow, absolutely. Polls shape media coverage, increase the number of horse race stories and influence voter behavior, especially when it comes to strategic voting.

I think we're being played. The good news is that numerous recent elections have exposed many pollsters as being increasingly unreliable in their projections. I wish that more journalists would question polls finding, methodologies and interpretations more critically.

Even the Bick's pickle man. He put "Christian farmer" on his immigration form because farmers were apparently needed, but never converted. He started doing pickles to use up all the cucumbers, and he didn't even like pickles.

The only thing Jews convert to is atheism. I've heard that Jews have the highest rate of atheists and I think it's true because almost every Jew I know, has eventually moved in that direction. Very few Jews become Christians.

So um....Tell me that appointing your brother to deputy dog would be considered a COI. If you're not going to tell me that, then I give up.
seriously.

Very few Jews become Christians.

Some do.

"Before Schultz went to surgery, he received the last rites from a Catholic priest at his request. During his second trial, Schultz decided to convert to Catholicism and had been studying its teachings ever since, convinced that Jesus had spared him prison time."

"By receiving last rites, Schultz was guaranteed interment in Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne in Westchester County, New York, although at the request of his Orthodox Jewish mother, Schultz's body was draped with a talit, a traditional Jewish prayer shawl."
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2509833/posts

So did Milton Berle. Oscar Levant remarked, "Our loss is their loss." :D

I'm a regular, daily, reader of this thread, but don't post much.

Anyhow, absolutely. Polls shape media coverage, increase the number of horse race stories and influence voter behavior, especially when it comes to strategic voting.

I think we're being played. The good news is that numerous recent elections have exposed many pollsters as being increasingly unreliable in their projections. I wish that more journalists would question polls finding, methodologies and interpretations more critically.

I think we are being played to get Tory in. Scare the folks into thinking we get a JoDoRoFo type administration. Now, whether Doug is playing along? I am torn. Sometimes I think they are and then other times Doug looks so angry he's "losing"

If Kouvalis wasn't involved I wouldn't think so. And I also agree with someone saying waaaaay back that K-cup could quite possibly then move on to PMO if he can successfully make another loser into a mayor. Kouvalis. The mayor-maker

I was also surprised to hear he would be on steroids. I has always thought it was to prevent the the wasting factor of chemo. It is also giving to those with AIDS for that reason. And pot for both to increase appetite. Always prepared for a mental refit at UT.

I think steroids have different uses in cancer treatments. As has been mentioned already, the docs will prescribe them to help with chemo-induced nausea. My step-mother died of brain cancer. She put on a palliative program when she was diagnosed, so no chemo. But she was given prednisone to reduce swelling around her tumors, which was as much of a problem as the tumors themselves.

Some Jews convert to Christianity but when they do it's almost never to Pentecostalism or to a church of ethnic Ruthenians!

In Central Europe, a fair number of very assimilated Jews converted to Christianity. But in predominantly Yiddish-speaking and traditional regions it was extremely rare. I'm not buying this story about a Jewish immigrant to Canada in 1913 deciding to identify as Christian Orthodox when they arrived.

And remember Ford is claiming that Karla's maternal grandparents were *Orthodox* Jews - how many of them convert to Christianity? Must have been tough for them to have 2 daughters get married in Pentecostal churches!

Last edited:
The only thing Jews convert to is atheism. I've heard that Jews have the highest rate of atheists and I think it's true because almost every Jew I know, has eventually moved in that direction. Very few Jews become Christians.

Think of Mike and the Mechanics.... "Silent Running"... particularly the third verse.... and you'll have an idea on where Jews are coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back