197     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 475     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale has never heard this before.

I'm sure that's true - one expects honesty from DD. But clearly he said it today, at the GO station presser - and is complaining that he got cut off last night before he could say it. (Which is a form of BS, since the debate did not end with the booing. For instance, he could have mentioned it in closing statement.)

Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 10.45.34 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 10.45.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 10.45.34 AM.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 747
Seeing as how Doug likes to make stuff up in a fit of rage, I wonder if his wife is now rushing to convert to Judaism to cover for her hubby due to today's comments!

Do we have any evidence of who these Jewish doctor, dentist and accountant actually are?

And I'm not saying I don't buy the idea of Karla being Jewish, but Doug could have mentioned her first, ahead of the doctor, dentist and accountant?

(Has this dentist seen Rob's teeth, by the way?).

I'm wondering what SAL will make of this (though I'm probably going to regret reading her comments, as usual). She'll probably embrace Doug as a flawed but lovable mensch, claim to have known all along about Karla (but kept it quiet because saying so supposedly would have attracted 'Lib-left haters', etc.).

She's not impressed with Goldkind as a lawyer and would probably go after him for being 'Jewish but not religious', even though Karla probably isn't religious/observant either; it doesn't appear that the girls are being raised Jewish and Doug probably has not undergone even the most Walter Sobchak of conversions.

Just read that Post Media has bought out the Toronto Sun! While no fan of the National Post, they have become relatively more moderate over the last few years. Right now the likes of Blizzard, Levy, and most relevant to this thread, Warmington are probably hoping in futile that their pink slips aren't in the mail. Especially since they know that with their portfolio, they ain't getting a job anywhere else!

No council candidates have struck me as particularly inspiring aside from Domise.

Dan Fox, up in Willowdale, seems pretty good. He's been going hard at Shiner who is definitely past his best-before date.

I recall Kinsella once answered that, saying candidates' internal polls indicated that kind of approach wouldn't fly with voters--they'd be viewed as being too negative.

Yes, I remember that: that was before he got fired for making unacceptably negative comments about another candidate, right?

There were definitely polls (who knows from where) they had showing they wouldn't score points by going after Scandal Rob. I found that suspect at the time, and even moreso since it's now Doug in the ring. He hasn't had quite the full-out meltdown I expected but he's certainly been abrasive and terrible and we've still got a few weeks to go.

What do you bet she converted or was married to Doug in a Christian ceremony? I just don't see the Fords welcoming someone other than a WASP into the family.

Uh, well, presumably they welcomed Renata, who qualifies only for the W part of 'WASP', being Polish and a Catholic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back