150     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 918     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob’s selfie is behaviour is causing mental health issues with too many other Folks out there, that’s the problem. The Ford Selfie-Affirmation is positively epidemic!

This is old, but the question is still relevant:
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...ople_want_a_selfie_with_rob_ford_mallick.html

Perhaps more relevant than ever.

"Marketing Deceased Celebrities"
http://www.cbc.ca/undertheinfluence...ead-anymore-marketing-deceased-celebrities-1/

"At a Hollywood party on the evening of August 16th, 1977, word spread that Elvis had just died at his Graceland mansion in Memphis.

Amid the shock, one talent agent broke the silence by saying, "Good career move."

Interesting. I've received a few phone polling calls, but this is the first time I've heard/seen of child care in the list.

I received on on Friday night with child care in it. It was asking about councillor, mayor, and top issues. I didn't catch the name of the firm but it wasn't one I'd heard of. It must have been someone doing internal polling.

You may find this interesting, L-D.

Towards the end of the article, it discusses LAPD "Field Interrogation Carding", then and now:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/2010/01/the-onion-field-remembered.html

Interesting article. It seems though that the field carding during the sixties was more a personal tool, or at least local one, to help beat police organise events over a few days or weeks. What concerns me today are the abilities automation gives police to store, cross-search and share data about anyone, suspect, guilty or otherwise. It’s now possible for a police car to electronically scan a licence plate on a nearby car and search one or more databases with the press of a button. A single cop’s observation about a person and his/her behaviour on a single occasion can be stored indefinitely and compiled without much effort. It’s faster and more accurate to scan ID than to write down details. I can hardly wait until they can ask “why you no have tattoo?” when they try to scan your sorry ass on the subway as part of "terrorism prevention".

AFAIK, the cops have always had the ability to ask you for identification. Proudly telling the public about it is what Carding is all about.

Getting the public to support Carding on the other hand, is requesting license to ignore today’s database realities available to law enforcement. It gives me the shivers. But then again, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition, do they? ;)

jpags 6:53pm via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford arrives at debate. Complains Tory aide holding parking spot for Tory. Double parks bunch of media vehicles.

BzN98vgIEAEHNZV.jpg

Attachments

• BzN98vgIEAEHNZV.jpg
    BzN98vgIEAEHNZV.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,150
So if you DO have something to hide, then don't give your ID to the cops. OK seems logical. But what happens next? Cops don't tend to take refusals too well. Does that also mean that if you refuse, it means you are hiding something?

Whatever happened to the Right to Bear Hash?

I have always hated that "nothing to hide" argument because it completely sidesteps the suspicion, the assumed guilt, the violation of privacy and perhaps violation of legal rights (cuz you never can be too sure about those).

Doug is a two-faced authoritarian. His Fordian behaviour shows he believes that the rules don't apply to everyone.

It just so happens that niggers, wops and pakis have something to hide. According to Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back