179     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 929     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that this never happened. Or happened once, max. This is Doug, after all.
Remember the City employee who filed the complaint about Doug's comments on the group home? If Doug gets elected they can doing away with HR along with the IC. Mucho gravy!

“I was hesitant because I’m a 35-year city employee and I didn’t know if I were to file a complaint if they’d be vindictive if I did something,” he says. “But when I went home and looked at Thomas … I had thought I had to say something, I had to do something.”

Likely in the tens of thousands during weekday, probably less for a Sunday. The station is near the bottom of the ratings pile in Toronto. It would still be more than Dougie could hit door-to-door in a day.

Bigger deal for the African-Canadian community, to whom the Fords pander relentlessly but do very little. See Domise, Andray.

How many people would be listening to this radio interview?

Doug supports carding, FOLKS!

So if you DO have something to hide, then don't give your ID to the cops. OK seems logical. But what happens next? Cops don't tend to take refusals too well. Does that also mean that if you refuse, it means you are hiding something?

Whatever happened to the Right to Bear Hash?

I have always hated that "nothing to hide" argument because it completely sidesteps the suspicion, the assumed guilt, the violation of privacy and perhaps violation of legal rights (cuz you never can be too sure about those).

Doug is a two-faced authoritarian. His Fordian behaviour shows he believes that the rules don't apply to everyone.

Remember the City employee who filed the complaint about Doug's comments on the group home? If Doug gets elected they can doing away with HR along with the IC. Mucho gravy!

“I was hesitant because I’m a 35-year city employee and I didn’t know if I were to file a complaint if they’d be vindictive if I did something,” he says. “But when I went home and looked at Thomas … I had thought I had to say something, I had to do something.”

"TORONTO – Tommy Lenathen is a 68-year-old..."
http://newsontario.ca/2014/07/04/war-of-words-between-doug-ford-autism-complainant/

What are they going to do fire him? lmao

Last edited:
I was in Scarborough near Markham and Kingston and couldn't get that radio station. I followed DDale's tweets and the Folks guy also called in, he gave a head's up on twitter.

From today's radio interview. What is Jones (no, not that Jones) doing, sitting by the phone waiting for Doug to win the election?

ddale8 4:06pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford says he'll reinstate scandal-plagued TCHC CEO: "Gene Jones is coming back and we're going to straighten things out."

So if you DO have something to hide, then don't give your ID to the cops. OK seems logical. But what happens next? Cops don't tend to take refusals too well. Does that also mean that if you refuse, it means you are hiding something?

Whatever happened to the Right to Bear Hash?

I have always hated that "nothing to hide" argument because it completely sidesteps the suspicion, the assumed guilt, the violation of privacy and perhaps violation of legal rights (cuz you never can be too sure about those).

Doug is a two-faced authoritarian. His Fordian behaviour shows he believes that the rules don't apply to everyone.

You may find this interesting, L-D.

Towards the end of the article, it discusses LAPD "Field Interrogation Carding", then and now:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/2010/01/the-onion-field-remembered.html

Because he's lonely, depressed and scared?

Likely true. Unfortunately how Rob deals with the loneliness, depression, and fear is not only self harming, but can harm other people as well. Rob in a DUI is still a serious risk. Rob's surprise selfie tours may not be helping his treatment either.

Another debate tonight in North York.

Jennifer PagliaroVerified account
‏@jpags
Hey all, that debate tonight in North York is actually at 7PM, which is when I hope to be there. I will tweet things.

Bigger deal for the African-Canadian community, to whom the Fords pander relentlessly but do very little. See Domise, Andray.

So, if a lot of black people were listening to that interview and heard the carding bit, would that change their vote?

Likely true. Unfortunately how Rob deals with the loneliness, depression, and fear is not only self harming, but can harm other people as well. Rob in a DUI is still a serious risk. Rob's surprise selfie tours may not be helping his treatment either.

I won't be surprised when he gets really sick because of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back