5.2K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 736     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks Casita, a calming factor. Quick story: My partner has a fetish for my homemade Mac n cheese. While he was a cranberry farmer he often took it to work on the overnight "frost watch" shift. One night he parked his personal truck in the car port/ mechanics shed and hit the fields. When he returned to the shed he heard a loud snuffling. He turned on the lights and found a black bear sitting in his passenger seat alot like this graphic and enjoying a bowl of mac n cheese.

Cranberry fest of Bala, always the weekend after thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Agree with KM here. Airdrie, Okotoks, Cochrane, etc, are all still separated from Calgary by obvious farming operations. By contrast, the north part of old City of Toronto and south part of North York are barely distinguishable zones of residential/commercial/industrial development, and it's pretty much the same for all the old city/borough boundaries, no?

Two or three decades from now, if there's still a big market for fossil fuels (probably true, unfortunately), or if Calgary has found some other giant source of income, Calgary v Airdrie might become vaguely comparable to old T.O. v former boroughs.

Amalgamation was to diminish old Toronto's progressive nature by smashing it together with the more conservative inner 'burbs.

Agree with KM here. Airdrie, Okotoks, Cochrane, etc, are all still separated from Calgary by obvious farming operations. By contrast, the north part of old City of Toronto and south part of North York are barely distinguishable zones of residential/commercial/industrial development, and it's pretty much the same for all the old city/borough boundaries, no?

Two or three decades from now, if there's still a big market for fossil fuels (probably true, unfortunately), or if Calgary has found some other giant source of income, Calgary v Airdrie might become vaguely comparable to old T.O. v former boroughs.

Thank you Calgarian!

On another note ...

https://twitter.com/larryweiss3/status/517857797229514752

Seems while MINO is not well enough for debate participation he is fine to attend pubs.

The Ari Goldkind situation is rather interesting because I'm guessing Doug doesn't want him at future debates calling him out on various things but he also wants Goldkind to stay and pick up votes from people that may have originally chosen Tory or Chow but switch to Ari. More votes for Ari would mean a greater chance of success for Doug, no?

I bet we don't see Ari and Doug at any more debates together.

Depends on the kid. Mine always liked a little bit of time together before going off to sleep. You know, have a chat, read a book.

My 23 year old son still plops himself down on my bed and gives me a roundup on his day. It's a highlight of my evening.

Last edited:
Amalgamation was to diminish old Toronto's progressive nature by smashing it together with the more conservative inner 'burbs.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty much the opposite of the kind of guy who would claim that Mike Harris had no malevolent political agenda and acted in the best interests of people everywhere in the region.

My point was that old city of 100,000s of people jammed up against boroughs also of 100,000s of people is a dissimilar situation to city of 1,000,000 people separated by farms from towns of 10,000s of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back