5.2K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 736     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else listen to Rob on Newstalk1010 a few minutes ago? Maybe I'm hearing things but I swore he said that the tumour has spread to multiple organs.

Is the butt in organ? I'd tread carefully around any claim Rob makes (assuming you heard right). He's not so good with the English.

Last edited:
Wouldn't 7 and 10 years of age be getting a little long in the tooth for being tucked into bed?

Depends on the kid. Mine always liked a little bit of time together before going off to sleep. You know, have a chat, read a book.

I've already said my piece. Quit fishing, everybody. You. Will. Know. Soon.

Yeah, well. We appreciate your hard work and all, but you have intimated a BIG STORY for more than a week, you have explicitly said that things would happen VERY QUICKLY, TODAY, and here we are at 11:10 p.m. and F**K ALL has happened or been reported by any news outlet. BIG LET-DOWN, Jude. You built us all up for a megastory TODAY and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.

Forgive us for feeling played and disappointed. Hope your Big Story comes out soon. But don't berate us for "fishing." You're the one who baited the hook.

Myself, I'm annoyed and disappointed.

We are only fishing because you kept giving us bait. You sparked our curiousity, and then kept fanning the flame until yesterday when you basically poured petrol all over it. Now you are telling us to back off?

I super duper appreciate your efforts but you must understand our frustration.

I hope that, whatever it is, is worth it though and you get hoisted on our shoulders!

I said I had said my piece well upthread. People have been going to my Twitter account for "clues", then trolling me to divulge what I have clearly said I can't. I'm not in control of others' behaviour, nor am I in control of all time and space.

Yes, sometimes that frustrates me, too. But I've learned to live with it.

Did anyone else listen to Rob on Newstalk1010 a few minutes ago? Maybe I'm hearing things but I swore he said that the tumour has spread to multiple organs.

That would likely be a terminal situation, which totally contradicts his earlier scrum.

Last edited:
1. You claim to have lived nowhere but inner suburb Toronto, but use Airdrie as an example of a bedroom community they're NOT like. 'Cause they're worse? Spare me.

2. You say you didn't mean it as a slur. What did you mean it as? A compliment? So you're pissing on York? Spare me.

FN: despite Calgary's galloping growth, there's as many wagon wheels in Bowness as there are in Nanton or Cochrane. Airdrie is no different from Tuxedo Park, just a slightly longer drive. York is much more estranged from Old Toronto than Calgary suburbs from Calgary.

My bonafide for this opining? Born & raised in Rosedale, football & rugby at CHHS, brother is a slumlord in Cochrane & Marda loop.

I have travelled A LOT and spent A LOT of time in Calgary. If you read the post I was commenting on, it referenced the former boroughs as bedroom communities which they are not. Oakville is a bedroom community. Brampton is a bedroom community. The former boroughs, no. As someone else said, you wouldn't seperate the NYC boroughs. I said Airdrie, I could have said Okotoks. It was merely a point of reference. You can continue being pugilistic and ascribe motives to me that I never intended, go ahead but I'm done with explaining myself to you. You know best what was/is in my head. Uh-huh. Bubai.

ETA. Yonge & Avenue is not inner burb and I wasnt pissing on York. I am not ashamed of any part of Toronto end of.

Agree with KM here. Airdrie, Okotoks, Cochrane, etc, are all still separated from Calgary by obvious farming operations. By contrast, the north part of old City of Toronto and south part of North York are barely distinguishable zones of residential/commercial/industrial development, and it's pretty much the same for all the old city/borough boundaries, no? (ETA: And it's been that way in Toronto for a long time, no?)

Two or three decades from now, if there's still a big market for fossil fuels (probably true, unfortunately), or if Calgary has found some other giant source of income, Calgary v Airdrie might become vaguely comparable to old T.O. v former boroughs.

Last edited:
Is the butt in organ? I'd tread carefully around any claim Rob makes (assuming you heard right). He's not so good with the English.

Uh, an organ?

Anyway, ha!

Is there anything Rob is actually good at, besides being on TV a hell of a lot, and attracting votes in inexplicably large numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back