2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 739     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 34959

"You brought music back into this house, I had forgotten."

I believe it was the first movie I ever went to.

Love the John Coltrane version with McCoy Tyner blazing the 88 from stem to stern and Elvin Jones doing what Elvin did. Free and modal, baby.

Ari reminds me of the guy who knows he has to throw himself on a live grenade to save his buddies. Tory and Chow won't do it.
Ford accused the others of being millionaires. Did one of them stand up and let the audience know that Doug, himself, is also a millionaire? Nope. Not a peep from them. Very disappointing.

Ford accused the others of being millionaires. Did one of them stand up and let the audience know that Doug, himself, is also a millionaire? Nope. Not a peep from them. Very disappointing.

Though, it would be awkward to say "And you're not?"

I've already said my piece. Quit fishing, everybody. You. Will. Know. Soon.

We are only fishing because you kept giving us bait. You sparked our curiousity, and then kept fanning the flame until yesterday when you basically poured petrol all over it. Now you are telling us to back off?

I super duper appreciate your efforts but you must understand our frustration.

I hope that, whatever it is, is worth it though and you get hoisted on our shoulders!

1. You claim to have lived nowhere but inner suburb Toronto, but use Airdrie as an example of a bedroom community they're NOT like. 'Cause they're worse? Spare me.

2. You say you didn't mean it as a slur. What did you mean it as? A compliment? So you're pissing on York? Spare me.

FN: despite Calgary's galloping growth, there's as many wagon wheels in Bowness as there are in Nanton or Cochrane. Airdrie is no different from Tuxedo Park, just a slightly longer drive. York is much more estranged from Old Toronto than Calgary suburbs from Calgary.

My bonafide for this opining? Born & raised in Rosedale, football & rugby at CHHS, brother is a slumlord in Cochrane & Marda loop.

I have travelled A LOT and spent A LOT of time in Calgary. If you read the post I was commenting on, it referenced the former boroughs as bedroom communities which they are not. Oakville is a bedroom community. Brampton is a bedroom community. The former boroughs, no. As someone else said, you wouldn't seperate the NYC boroughs. I said Airdrie, I could have said Okotoks. It was merely a point of reference. You can continue being pugilistic and ascribe motives to me that I never intended, go ahead but I'm done with explaining myself to you. You know best what was/is in my head. Uh-huh. Bubai.

ETA. Yonge & Avenue is not inner burb and I wasnt pissing on York. I am not ashamed of any part of Toronto end of.

Last edited:
Did anyone else listen to Rob on Newstalk1010 a few minutes ago? Maybe I'm hearing things but I swore he said that the tumour has spread to multiple organs.

Last edited:
Deep breaths

We are imploding.

Frustration with the Fords, the police, the integrity commission, the press.

Let's keep our cool.

We should really be focusing our energy on the Ward 2 race as Doug is truly a waste of time. No chance of winning. Just more frustration until the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back