5.2K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 736     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutey doesn't need to speak to the campaign issues in his run as trustee. Rob just entered his left testicle to run in Ward 2 and we all know that testicles can't talk.

Ouch. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Too bad for FoFam that Doug had limited info on the switcheroo deadline; it's actually Rob's Right One that should be on the ballot.

ETA: [Deleted]

ETA2: Edited in a Lance Armstrong joke, deleted it because it was weak, even compared to the "Right One" thing. Somebody here can hit the target better than I can, no doubt. The key concepts are liar, unbelievable asshole, and no amount of media attention is enough.

ETA3: Plus, goddammit, enduring appeal to a terrifyingly large number of people, even after all credibility has perished in a long series of unprecedentedly giant metaphorical fires.

Last edited:
So new random "attack people" twitter account pops up, she's attacking Ari to be exact and used an anti-semitic slur to address him (to SAL who not so surprisingly despite being Jewish decided not to call it out since chick is a Ford supporter) and Andray Domise. She has no internet presence before September 28th, yet her profile picture is a professional head shot. Jonathon Goldsbie tweeted something about that twitter account having a different name previously (Calib Sanchez). Kelly Gail Ford has no internet presence beyond that one twitter account that I can find. Smells like a QueensQuayKaren situation.

https://twitter.com/KelFord_

View attachment 34968

Just thought I'ld drop this here :D

Hmmmm...that calls to mind another similar Twitter account I came across recently. Super trollish pro-Ford posts, no tweets before mid-September though account set up in 2011, few followers, and followed by at least one Ford campaign person (I think the woman who runs the Scarb camping office, don't recall name)

My assumption at the time was the same - a feeble QQKaren thing.

Questions, if the "Yonge Relief Line" is the priority of Dougie's camping pro-misses then what priority does the "Scarborough Subway" have now? And will Dougie be converting the Sheppard LRT after it is built?

Maybe someone should tell Dougie that unlike the SRT, the Sheppard and Finch LRT are wholly Metrolinx projects. I do find it interesting that FN has decided that the "YRL" will run from Osgood station (Queen West) to Pape station (Danforth) via Queen station and probably one other station. The alignment, from the current study area, has yet to be determined by the current DRL project.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

That was obviously the only appropriate response.

Still, I am stung that apparently "glad to visit on this website" needed more immediate attention than Lance and the giant metaphorical credibility fires. :p

(Not really. Really I should just go to sleep. Or possibly this, from a great Toronto citizen, is relevant ... http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=2708 )

Last edited:
Unless he's a masochist, I consider it unlikely that Doug will show up for any more debates if Ari is going to be there. Doug seems to enjoy dishing out the dirt, but does not appreciate being on the receiving end.

Unfortunately, I don't think the government is likely to change the voting system. For example, I'm sure it's a nice place, but since I retired over 5 years ago, all I know about Scarborough is what I see of it from the center core of the 401. It hardly seems right that I should have a vote in who becomes their mayor.

Unless he's a masochist, I consider it unlikely that Doug will show up for any more debates if Ari is going to be there. Doug seems to enjoy dishing out the dirt, but does not appreciate being on the receiving end.

Heh, it would be fun if the masochist thing were true (not totally implausible given Doug's willingness to publicly defend Rob). I would pay money to attend debates if I knew for a fact that Doug was starving for abuse.

It IS shocking. And Scarborough is not surprising because, hey, subways!
But North York really helped swing Rob last time and Doug is getting killed there. The 16% is SHOCKING, especially compared to downtown. And when you consider that Forum has been over-estimating the Fords the whole time....it's encouraging.
Ford doing worse here in North York? In your face downtown, IN YOUR FACE!

Heh, it would be fun if the masochist thing were true (not totally implausible given Doug's willingness to publicly defend Rob). I would pay money to attend debates if I knew for a fact that Doug was starving for abuse.

When the Sex Pistols played Toronto, Johnny Rotten Lydon didn't mind gobbing on the audience, but hated it when they returned the favour, and stopped the show.

Bit like Doug really.

(queue 'Punk Lunch' by Joe Hall & the Continental Drift...)

So new random "attack people" twitter account pops up, she's attacking Ari to be exact and used an anti-semitic slur to address him (to SAL who not so surprisingly despite being Jewish decided not to call it out since chick is a Ford supporter) and Andray Domise. She has no internet presence before September 28th, yet her profile picture is a professional head shot. Jonathon Goldsbie tweeted something about that twitter account having a different name previously (Calib Sanchez). Kelly Gail Ford has no internet presence beyond that one twitter account that I can find. Smells like a QueensQuayKaren situation.

https://twitter.com/KelFord_

Just thought I'ld drop this here :D
I noticed that Calib account a few days ago and noted that it was very trollish. No surprise that it's some kind of professional Ford troll. Hope someone notifies Andray and he blocks it. And I noticed that anti-semitic tweet, too. ugh.

C'mon, guys, Jude is obviously working hard on something for the benefit of us all. Which, as far as I can tell, is more than the rest of us are doing, including myself. We're sitting around venting on UT. She is clearly trying to take action. She doesn't deserve any criticism for not getting it done fast enough, while the rest of us sit on our butts complaining.

Thank you, Jude, for working hard on whatever it is you're exploring.

Unfortunately, I don't think the government is likely to change the voting system.

If ranked balloting for municipal level comes through, iirc the option is there but for 2018, I think that might be a good start. Although I was around when amalgamation happened, many of your thoughtful responses including yours helped me to round out my knowledge and perspective on it. I mentioned before that IMO some of the resentment that fueled Ford in 2010 will likely still be around if\when Fofam is turfed out, but here's hoping that the simmering will not boil over into something more extreme and stupid. TO is not perfect, but ya know I still like the city in general.

For example, I'm sure it's a nice place, but since I retired over 5 years ago, all I know about Scarborough is what I see of it from the center core of the 401. It hardly seems right that I should have a vote in who becomes their mayor.

I live in Scarborough, and it really is cliche' true in terms of how diverse it is. I once went on an informal driving tour of Scarborough, as in hopped in a car with a friend and just drove around. This place has everything from well hidden old money "mini" mansions, older smaller sized bungalows. Areas with a mix of detached homes, townhouses and apartments all within short distances of each other, industrial and some farmlands that in one case I know, is literally facing each other. And yes some at risk priority areas. Though the Scarborough bluffs and Rouge river areas are definitely my personal favourites. The main area of the bluffs however is a bit too crowded for my taste. There is another less well known and more relaxing spot of the bluffs near a bridge and a relatively known fishing spot.

And a lot of selection of pretty good food. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back