58     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 254     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt it was for the "new math", like using metric... there are 12 stations of the cross, not ten.

14, actually. But point taken. And you're probably correct that metricizing the Via Dolorosa was the sort of demonology she was ranting about. 3 Feet in a yard. 3=The Holy Trinity. They want to turn it metric gay! Sodom and Gommorah! She'd be right at home at Yonge and Dundas.

If he shows up looking OK, then he's a larger-than-life hero who can't be held down by anything. Icon to the people!

If he shows up looking like hell, then even though he's going through a very difficult health crisis, he loves the people too much not to spend some face time with them. Icon to the people!

If he doesn't show up at all, then he's going through a very difficult health crisis and is focused on getting better so that he can continue to fight for the taxpayers. Icon to the people!

Even though we can all plainly see that it's twisted, it's win-win-win for Rob Ford.

Icons can always be dragged to the Trash; however, Dougie hopes it's will be the Recycle Bin.

Hey, cool, I just received my invitation to FordFester -- 27 hours before the event! This family really knows how to plan ahead. The e-mail came from fordfestscarb@gmail.com, which I initially took to be a reference to the hi-carb content of the food offerings (sugar- & salt-filled burger buns & condiments, etc.) but then I reparsed it. And no, by the way, I have not requested to receive e-mail communications from the Frod campaign.

He needs a better nickname - how about "Diamond" Doug Ford?

Carbuncle Doug Ford sounds better, he's got "skin in the game".

mackaytaggart 4:01pm via Twitter Web Client
#BREAKING New Global News/Ipsos Reid poll reveals Tory remains in strong lead:

Tory 48%
Chow 26%
Ford 26%

Or maybe Dead Stick Doug would be more accurate.

Last edited:
Reasons for refused entry....
(This has been discussed at length, so I present this example)

Guy on Border Security just got refused entry into Canada because he didn't have a stable life in the U.S.

He said he was driving up to Alaska for a job.
But, he had no job or permanent residence to return to.
He only had a sleeping bag in the car and barely enough money to get up to Alaska.

They suggested he withdraw his request to enter.

14, actually. But point taken. And you're probably correct that metricizing the Via Dolorosa was the sort of demonology she was ranting about. 3 Feet in a yard. 3=The Holy Trinity. They want to turn it metric gay! Sodom and Gommorah! She'd be right at home at Yonge and Dundas.

Oops... sorry.

Good lord, she has an EMPLOYER? I'm guessing now that the police are investigating those hate letters, that's not going to last too much longer.

I don't know why these two things keep getting conflated. The letters to Kristyn Wong-Tam are not from Fortino.

They are from someone who lives in Ward 32. Wong-Tam said so herself about the first letter (@kristynwongtam · Jul 15
Received a letter from Ward32 resident
), plus the stamp was cancelled in the east end (Eastern Avenue) Canada Post facility. In fact the way the photo of the first letter is cut off at the bottom, I actually think it had a signature (not necessarily legible, but still).
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsncRXVCEAACzll.jpg:large

I don't believe Iola could write more than two sentences without mentioning Jesus or the Lord's Prayer or Sodom and Gomorah, just look at her FB. Even if someone instructed her to leave it out, because it would giver her identity away -- she wouldn't be able to... she can't help herself. People who send letters like that don't actually want to be anonymous, they are proud of those letters; what's the point if you have to pretend to be someone else? The hate mail letters to KWT don't actually have religious overtones at all.

I don't know why these two things keep getting conflated. The letters to Kristyn Wong-Tam are not from Fortino.

They are from someone who lives in Ward 32. Wong-Tam said so herself about the first letter (@kristynwongtam · Jul 15
), plus the stamp was cancelled in the east end (Eastern Avenue) Canada Post facility. In fact the way the photo of the first letter is cut off at the bottom, I actually think it had a signature (not necessarily legible, but still).

I don't believe Iola could write more than two sentences without mentioning Jesus or the Lord's Prayer or Sodom and Gomorah, just look at her FB. Even if someone instructed her to leave it out, because it would giver her identity away -- she wouldn't be able to... she can't help herself. People who send letters like that don't actually want to be anonymous, they are proud of those letters; what's the point if you have to pretend to be someone else? The hate mail letters to KWT don't actually have religious overtones at all.

Iola was getting thrown out of the debate at about the same time as the letter was being talked about, so I guess the craziness got conflated (like in all the best urban legends -- the story adheres to the most current and famous practitioner of the art).

I like the part where the letter-writer accused KWT of thinking that she could get away with criticizing (sorry, being racist against) OUR MAYOR FORD in a TV interview because she didn't know anyone was watching. Because obviously when you want to keep things out of the public eye you give TV interviews.

I thought the first letter was confirmed to be from Fortino? Was that just a case of broken telephone that I inadvertently contributed to?

Doug Ford At City Hall Fire September 25, 2014

Doug Man-Of-The-People.jpg

Doug Ford Man-Of-The-People!

Attachments

• Doug Man-Of-The-People.jpg
    Doug Man-Of-The-People.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 866
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back