112     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 866     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 988     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug keeps repeating "downtown". He seems to understand that it was always Metro versus the City. I remember the ( literally ) bloody union meetings we ( Metro employees ) had with the City workers. Mike Harris amalgamated the 240 square miles with the stroke of a pen. But, the 2010 election map showed Rob got most of his support from the suburbs, so I guess Doug will continue to play the "downtown" card with his suburban base. He seems to enjoy connecting JT and OC with downtown "elites". Presumably, to FN, a "man of the people" lives in the 'burbs.

It's still insane to me that Chow is polling the same as Ford.

I'm no expert, but my guess is that Doug does not want Mrs. Chow to drop out. He doesn't appear to feel threatened by her. He seems to direct most of his vitriol - and he has lots of it - towards JT.

Last edited:
So Chow is no longer behind Ford according to this poll. I haven't been able to fathom why she was polling lower than DuhFo.

Chow has yet to come out with anything that resonates with her base, nor the rest of the populace. She spent way too much time trying to be folksy with the anecdotes and it came across as boring and irrelevant, instead of 'common woman'. I'm not a Chow-hater, but I stick with my prediction that post-Labour Day the anti-Ford vote would pick one of Tory or Chow. It seems they picked Tory. I think this race is over much sooner than we thought possible.

Last edited:
Chow has yet to come out with anything that resonates with her base, nor the rest of the populace. She spent way too much time trying to be folksy with the anecdotes and it came across as boring and irrelevant, instead of 'common woman'. I'm not a Chow-hater, but I stick with my prediction that post-Labour Day the anti-Ford vote would pick one of Tory or Chow. It seems they picked Tory. I think this race is over much sooner than we thought possible.

Remember last Ipsos, Chow was 1 point ahead of D Ford (29/28)..

She certainly seems to have a talent for disrupting things by braying nonsense.

http://www.tcdsb.org/Board/Trustees...Achievement Committee/May 8, 2014/Minutes.pdf

Iola Fortino, parent of Brebeuf College School made a presentation to the Committee regarding
Back to Basics @ TCDSB Complaint – Math.
The presentation was abandoned.

I can only imagine this was some kind of half-witted rant about math teaching methods being too gay or not making sufficient use of rosaries.

No doubt it was for the "new math", like using metric... there are 14 stations of the cross, not ten.

Last edited:
Somebody should have thrown in Thug's smirking map the fact that his asshole brother spoke at the Empire Club previously, and asked him if it was "exclusive" then. I'm sure the subsequent expression on his face would have been most entertaining. To say nothing of the probable temper tantrum.

As for Chow, she only has herself to thank for doing so poorly. I'd say there are quite a few factors playing into that, not the least of which is the point OSS117 brought up in his excellent post a few pages back: Chow foolishly failed to grasp the catharsis the entire city badly needed by specifically targetting the Fords for a well deserved whipping. I suspect that, yes, she was naive enough to hope she could peel a few votes away from Ford Nayshun by soft peddling her remarks about Mayor Circus Clown, but there's more to it than that; there are many, many people in the Canadian left who suffer from the delusion that politics is something one learns at Finishing School, over tea and watercress sandwiches, and one simply does not raise one's voice, or speak in harsh tones, or respond to vicious attacks with anything like an equal force because to do so would be rude. Gasp! Whatever would Miss Manners say?

Yeah, I'm putting it in a rather smart-assed way, but this is a real problem, and the self-satisfied twits who fall into this catagory are just ripe for the plucking when it comes to brutish street fighters like the Fords. Chow has certainly proven that with her snivelling, Helen Lovejoy-esque "Oh, won't somebody think of the chil-dren?!?!" joke of a campaign. It's been downright sickening to witness at times, and far from making me sympathise with her, it filled me with the utmost contempt. And I had intended on voting for the woman! I can't imagine the thoughts going through the minds of those who didn't even like her to begin with.

Somebody should have thrown in Thug's smirk
ing map the fact that his asshole brother spoke at the Empire Club previously, and asked him if it was "exclusive" then. I'm sure the subsequent expression on his face would have been most entertaining. To say nothing of the probable temper tantrum.

As for Chow, she only has herself to thank for doing so poorly. I'd say there are quite a few factors playing into that, not the least of which is the point OSS117 brought up in his excellent post a few pages back: Chow foolishly failed to grasp the catharsis the entire city badly needed by specifically targetting the Fords for a well deserved whipping. I suspect that, yes, she was naive enough to hope she could peel a few votes away from Ford Nayshun by soft peddling her remarks about Mayor Circus Clown, but there's more to it than that; there are many, many people in the Canadian left who suffer from the delusion that politics is something one learns at Finishing School, over tea and watercress sandwiches, and one simply does not raise one's voice, or speak in harsh tones, or respond to vicious attacks with anything like an equal force because to do so would be rude. Gasp! Whatever would Miss Manners say?

Yeah, I'm putting it in a rather smart-assed way, but this is a real problem, and the self-satisfied twits who fall into this catagory are just ripe for the plucking when it comes to brutish street fighters like the Fords. Chow has certainly proven that with her snivelling, Helen Lovejoy-esque "Oh, won't somebody think of the chil-dren?!?!" joke of a campaign. It's been downright sickening to witness at times, and far from making me sympathise with her, it filled me with the utmost contempt. And I had intended on voting for the woman! I can't imagine the thoughts going through the minds of those who didn't even like her to begin with.

There is no "high road" against the Fords. If they come to brawl in the street, you have to get out there and fight them, preferably not down at their level, but you have to be ready to confront them with a fight. Not sleazy, but a fight that exposes their constant lies and counters the insults. I think with the Fords, even Miss Manners would say "Whoop his ass!".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back