782     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 924     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ford bails out of the Empire Club debate, then holds his own conference at 4PM. Doug may be an idiot, but he is a master campaign strategist.

He'll get all the news stations over to his HQ before the 6:00 news, rant about the downtown elitists at the Empire Club, throw in some typical Ford-esque sloganeering ie. "special interests with their hands in the cookie jar" and "subways, subways, subways," and relegate the Chow vs. Tory debate story to a Page 15 paragraph in Metro.

This is how Doug can still win. Distract from the real issues and focus the cameras on the Ford and co. circus.

So Ford bails out of the Empire Club debate, then holds his own conference at 4PM. Doug may be an idiot, but he is a master campaign strategist.

He'll get all the news stations over to his HQ before the 6:00 news, rant about the downtown elitists at the Empire Club, throw in some typical Ford-esque sloganeering ie. "special interests with their hands in the cookie jar" and "subways, subways, subways," and relegate the Chow vs. Tory debate story to a Page 15 paragraph in Metro.

This is how Doug can still win. Distract from the real issues and focus the cameras on the Ford and co. circus.

And ALL the news media will of course trip over themselves to get there. What would happen if Tory and Chow both announced media events for 4 pm as well? Gorilla tactics by Thug require guerilla tactics from his opponents.

Last edited:
Again, zero days at medical school, but wouldn't someone on chemo be at heightened risk for opportune infections, colds, flu, Ebola and the like?
Maybe Doug will suggest Rob should skip Ford Fester?

He could wear one of those hospital masks! But no touching. No selfies, Sorry, doc's orders.:(

Or maybe they could rig up a Jumbotron on the side of a cube truck with a (pre-recorded, because Skype) message on loop from Rob (still in a mask) wishing he could be there but the doctors say it's flu season so I can't come. So sad. Selfies with the Jumbotron!:D

I am feeling very optimistic. Ford could have come out and been civil and raised the level of debate and been a threat. Instead he has been true to form on steroids. He is turning off more and more people and in my opinion driving more people from Chow to Tory. Chow is very weak and soft Chow supporters are starting to realize it. Tory in my opinion is looking good and that is starting to get noticed. And Ford is a boor. I knew we were fine when my mom told me she was shifting her vote from Chow to Tory. That really surprised me. And friends of hers are doing the same as well. She is a real litmus test for a certain wide swath of population in my opinion. We just need to get by 4 weeks and we will see the back of Ford.

Doug: Folks, I know most of you have a problem trusting me. Hey, I understand... But you know what? At the end of the day believe me when I tell you I don't give a shit. I don't need your vote. I can win this election on my own.

not a doc here, but I'd been following a doc who was blogging about his bout with cancer and yes, hanging out in crowds, even going out to eat, can be a risk while doing chemo. Rob would be wise to stay at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back