5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting she withdraws and throws her support to Ford. Basic, can I still get in the election pool?

To Ford? What about Tory?

And yes I got your PM. Last night was the deadline but you're good, and I'll be posting the list later today.

I'm betting she withdraws and throws her support to Ford. Basic, can I still get in the election pool?

I'd guess it's to outline her transport policy (since the TTC report thing was the other day, and she's been involved with the TTC).

I am so glad they are going after Deco business. Let's see if Rob addressed this. Actually, I doubt he'll show up today.

Too busy doing last minute party planning - picking up RC Cola, putting up the patio lanterns and getting the mix tapes ready.

I'd guess it's to outline her transport policy (since the TTC report thing was the other day, and she's been involved with the TTC).

She told media yesterday "no comment". But everyone is talking about it this morning.

So either she is going to step down, or she was smart and built buzz before rolling out her transit policy.

She told media yesterday "no comment". But everyone is talking about it this morning.

So either she is going to step down, or she was smart and built buzz before rolling out her transit policy.

If it was a campaign policy announcement she would not hold this presser at city hall. I think this would be against the rules. She's stepping down.

getting the mix tapes ready.

I guess Def Leppard, Poison and Quiet Riot really were timeless bands.

P.S. When is Doug going to get off his arse and sue the Globe, I sure wish someone would ask him that.

Assuming that, for all of her faults, she would not deliberately flout the rules, it should not be a campaign speech, because it will be at CH and is scheduled (versus a scrum on the run). Note Metro Morning and some of the CH reporters are saying that her campaign director said only "no comment" when asked if she is going to announce dropping out.

You know the most salient point of the G&M article is probably one most will overlook....Deco Greensboro customer list is 1000 names (that is a far cry from doing business with most companies in Canada (paraphasing R Ford) and R Ford is salesman of record for 160 those and again paraphasing the G&M "not valuable accounts". So what does that say about Randy and Doug's confidence in their baby brother....

Last edited:
P.S. When is Doug going to get off his arse and sue the Globe, I sure wish someone would ask him that.

I can't imagine companies take things lightly when being publicly outed as having shady dealings with the top ranking politician in Toronto. This has to spook other companies on the client list. C'mon Doug, this is an airtight case!

If she's dumb enough to throw her support at a crack smoking wife beating drunk that hangs around with gang members, she's even dumber than I thought.

Well, there were theories floated around here that she was bullied/blackmailed into doing just that on the day of her coming out of Rob's CH office kind of flustered and missing her purse.

I kind of thought it was a little tinfoil headgearish at the time, but if she endorses Rob at 11:00 today, then it might throw some evidence in that direction.

Also, isn't even a dropping out of the race announcement an election related event that shouldn't be done on CH property? I suppose if she's not going to go in to the council race, then she may not care, but if she is planning on running, then it's a problem.

Maybe it's not her choice to make...

If she does step down and support Ford, let the speculation run wild about the day she left the MINO office white as a ghost.

Also, if she were to put her support behind Ford, how many of her supporters would actually vote for him? She may have been bullied by the Frods into inexplicably placing her support behind them, but her supporters won't have been. There is a strong alternative available in Tory.

Whatever the outcome, she's definitely going to have me watching her at 11am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back