495     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 524     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 520     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
RF and the Raccoons...Sounds like a new rock group...

CR: I like this first picture (At.31660)...I now can't get The Beatles "Rocky Raccoon" out of my mind...

"Summertime in the hills of Muskoka lived a boy called Robby Raccoon...One day LeeAnne ran off with another guy and
hit young Robby in the eye-gonna get that boy" - That's a start...

This second picture is PERFECT for a UT caption contest: (At.31662)
My caption: Raccoon- "Hey Doug - Let's Party!!!" RF-"Speak for yourself-Sheesh!!!"

LI MIKE

Everyone: I added these thoughts to my posts from 8/19...LI MIKE
(Posts 79873,79875-Page 5325 - August 19)

These "Raccoon" mentions and pictures make me think of a name for a new rock group:
"R.F. and the Raccoons"...Why? Because they're party animals just like RF...LI Mike

Last edited:
Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 25s
Rob Ford has officially pulled out of this Thursday's Heritage Toronto debate.

Well now.

More like Ford's staff tried to brief him on Heritage Toronto issues and he was too lazy to read the talking points or too stupid to understand them.

But impromptu fundraiser is brilliant, as the media will dutifully turn up instead of simply footnoting his absence at the debate. One grows weary.

I've been paying the Vehicle Registration Tax to the city as a donation every year since it was cancelled.

You have to submit a form to claim the rebate, and you won't get the rebate until the candidate's audited financial statement has been filed and any related proceedings are complete. It might be simpler to not claim the rebate, although if you claim it and donate it back to the city you can claim the donation to the city (not to the candidate) on your Federal and Provincial taxes.

Of course! just don't claim rebate - uh, very groovy about your donation to the City, what a great idea! ...I do hope you
inform(ed) RF's office every single time. Next time he says "all the car owners thank me blah blah", I'll KNOW he's lying. :)

I hope that the joke potential of raccoons points out the ridiculousness of Rob's blatherings to the media.

Unfortunately for real issues (like transit) because his comments are framed by the office of the mayor, they are seen by too many as "policy" or a "political position", which they are not -- either by their quality or their intent. Ford's comments are about transit are as ridiculous as those about raccoons, but are lot harder to see for what they really are.

As for the crack-hot intimate piss-up at Diane MoFo's, the real story isn't that the Rob and Doug are having it, but its location. It's at Mom's House FFS!!

For two grown adults passing-off as government representatives, it's totally inappropriate. I can't think of a clearer way to communicate who is driving the agenda for both the Mayor and Councillor for Ward 2: it's Diane. Rob and Doug may even wear it proudly as honouring the late Doug Sr, but that's not the way to run a city or even a local politician's campaign.

But impromptu fundraiser is brilliant, as the media will dutifully turn up instead of simply footnoting his absence at the debate. One grows weary.

Indeed, this is 100% a diversion. Even the lowest form of moron knows you don't send out an invite for a major event two days prior and expect any kind of turnout. But it doesn't matter one bit to them if it's a success or a shitshow. The great lesson the Fords have learned over the last four years is simply "suck up all the oxygen." Every last thing they do is intended to keep people pissed off (whether pro or anti), keep them talking, stay in the spotlight. It's exhausting and depressing to see that it's just not going to end.

Indeed, this is 100% a diversion. Even the lowest form of moron knows you don't send out an invite for a major event two days prior and expect any kind of turnout. But it doesn't matter one bit to them if it's a success or a shitshow. The great lesson the Fords have learned over the last four years is simply "suck up all the oxygen." Every last thing they do is intended to keep people pissed off (whether pro or anti), keep them talking, stay in the spotlight. It's exhausting and depressing to see that it's just not going to end.

Just like the fuss at the door at the last debate. They got all the screen time.

Google tells me to tell you: "Добро пожаловать назад" (twitter collective tells me to add "comrade" lol! to do with a certain Graeme tweet typed about a bunch of pages ago, it'll make sense when you get that far caught up)

Большое спасибо

"Let Russia do what they want." MINO Ford Feb 2014

Nothing like swigging from a bottle of Russian Prince in a park named after your dad. :D

Last edited:

Most succinct summation of the Fordnado uttered yet.

They can also tell all their friends to come by, donation or not, so that their campaign looks stronger than it is.

IBut my point is that we, the readers and consumers of press stories, have to do more. We have to convince them that constant RoFo coverage will HURT rather than help their business. Don't retweet every negative Rob Ford thing you see or joke endlessly about raccoons or grumble about it online. Instead of tweeting "Why don't they cover Soknacki's press conference instead of covering Rob Ford's raccoon rant?" say "Why don't they cover Soknacki's press conference?" Period. The more you type his name, the more he is trending, and the press say 'oh look, everyone's talking about Rob Ford, we will write even more about him!"

Why don't they cover Soknacki's press conference?

hope this helps :)

i love how he's likely not sober while he tells us he is. here's video...

http://en.video.canoe.tv/archive/source/tmz/ford-on-drug-testing/3740524139001

I don't think Rob is impaired in this vid. But he sure is stressed, which brings me to my question: What do people make of Rob's recent appearances. In the videos I've seen, he's either slow, sloppy or agitated. In some cases, he does appear hungover. In others, he looks lost or like a guy who's feeling the heat. Then are the days/times lately when he's just gone off-grid (again). Has he been getting bad news from the campaign? Is something going off the rails? I believe he's trying hard to stay sober, but it's a struggle. Could that be grinding him down? Interested to hear other people's thoughts.

I don't think Rob is impaired in this vid. But he sure is stressed, which brings me to my question: What do people make of Rob's recent appearances. In the videos I've seen, he's either slow, sloppy or agitated. In some cases, he does appear hungover. In others, he looks lost or like a guy who's feeling the heat. Then are the days/times lately when he's just gone off-grid (again). Has he been getting bad news from the campaign? Is something going off the rails? I believe he's trying hard to stay sober, but it's a struggle. Could that be grinding him down? Interested to hear other people's thoughts.

Some social workers on Twitter were saying that in the raccoon video he looked like he was very likely on downers, specifically opiates or benzos.

I bet it's mostly being tired as hell. That schedule of BS and visits and selfies has to be exhausting for a middle aged unhealthy drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back