839     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 750     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the MAYOR schedules an announcement to talk about city business, the press is kind of obligated to show up. When he talks about city business for 5 minutes and his campaign for 20, then he's used his position solely to promote himself.

Its not ethical. It may not bug you, but it bugs me. As to your misdirection, the fact that others do it too, doesn't make it right.

I agree. Ford might not be the first to have done the 'Club 54' style you're on the list, you're not on the list game with the press. But to me he's possibly one of the most in your face, what you gonna do about it huh, brazen asshole who has done it. It's not about 'well anything Ford does I hate'. This is approaching 3rd world level bullying of a mostly spineless press. This is not a petty issue, it can be corrosive to public trust.

Rofo having a presser in City Hall, that's not the problem. Even if he is sneaking a few camping stories, yeah ok in an ideal world people would not do that. But we live in an non perfect world, and most pols do some public camping all the time in varying degrees and skills. But Rofo having a presser at City Hall, and Jerry his new best buddy and bouncer allowing which press are allowed according to his Kingship's whims? Aw hell naw.

Just because the Fords bullying behaviors has set the standards for the new low, doesn't mean I have to accept that as the new normal.

=Scarberian;909816]I've always wanted to know what the opposite of pennywise but pound foolish was."

My southern momma used to say " you're stepping over dollars to pick up dimes" must be said in Oklahoma accent to be valid.

Since ecigs are are legitimate urban Toronto issue (the Toronto Board of Health has voted to ask city council to prohibit ecig use on city property) but not an issue especially connected to Rob Ford (the subject of this thread), maybe the next person to post about this topic could start a new thread and then post in this one to let people know.

where is casita?? I miss him! :(

I just got back from Russia, Kat. I'm still getting caught up on the thread.

Looking at this: doesn't she look like she's perfectly within RoFo's "attractiveness spectrum" (think Renata, Karen Stintz, LeeAnn McRobb)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44yh2KZjl4Q

I haven't heard that song in 40 years. They used to play it over and over on the radio. I was in high school then.

I never saw them on TV, until now. The lady is a dead-ringer for Mrs Stintz. That's a scary looking dude though.

Last edited:
I agree. Ford might not be the first to have done the 'Club 54' style you're on the list, you're not on the list game with the press. But to me he's possibly one of the most in your face, what you gonna do about it huh, brazen asshole who has done it. It's not about 'well anything Ford does I hate'. This is approaching 3rd world level bullying of a mostly spineless press. This is not a petty issue, it can be corrosive to public trust.

Rofo having a presser in City Hall, that's not the problem. Even if he is sneaking a few camping stories, yeah ok in an ideal world people would not do that. But we live in an non perfect world, and most pols do some public camping all the time in varying degrees and skills. But Rofo having a presser at City Hall, and Jerry his new best buddy and bouncer allowing which press are allowed according to his Kingship's whims? Aw hell naw.

Just because the Fords bullying behaviors has set the standards for the new low, doesn't mean I have to accept that as the new normal.

I would never put the July "invite only" press conference at City Hall in the same boat as minor campaign by-law violations! That was a totally different thing.

But my point is that we, the readers and consumers of press stories, have to do more. We have to convince them that constant RoFo coverage will HURT rather than help their business. Don't retweet every negative Rob Ford thing you see or joke endlessly about raccoons or grumble about it online. Instead of tweeting "Why don't they cover Soknacki's press conference instead of covering Rob Ford's raccoon rant?" say "Why don't they cover Soknacki's press conference?" Period. The more you type his name, the more he is trending, and the press say 'oh look, everyone's talking about Rob Ford, we will write even more about him!" It doesn't matter that the talk is negative. Flood the media with requests to hear more about others, for others to get more time and coverage.

And to that end, why do we want anyone to cover this private fundraiser/supporter event in Diane's yard? There's no reason for media coverage. It's a love-in. Anyone who would pay $300 to spend an evening with the Frauds will support them even if Rob smokes crack right in front of them tomorrow and pees on their shoes.

The kid should have taken the 9 months and shut up. He killed a 13 year old girl stunt driving FFS.

"he was driving 152km/hr in a 50km/hr speed zone."

"it was indicated that regardless of speed, a person can be killed by darting into traffic even if the vehicle is going 5 or 10km/hr.”

The faster the speed, the bigger the mess. That's a poor choice of words, but I believe it to be a fact.

Last edited:
This thread moves so fast. I'm not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...l-tests-only-if-other-candidates-do-1.2741846
When Sarah Thomson challenged him, Ford says he'll do a drug test if the other candidates will.

My fave quote:
"I often get asked if I do drugs, and I wanted to assure all Toronto residents that I do not have any alcohol or addiction issues," Thomson said.

Thomson shows up at City Hall on a horse drawn buggy.... bystander says "Are you on drugs?"

Last edited:
Can you imagine? She might go full on Anjelica Huston from Crimes and Misdemeaners. Screeching as she physically latches onto Rofo like a lamprey: "But you promised you'd leave her for me! YOU PROM-ISSSSSED!!!!!"

RIP Jerry Orbach

View attachment 31728

PS. One more distinguished guest for DiFo's party pad: Iona.

Last edited:
Kat_YYZ said:
It's a love-in. Anyone who would pay $300 to spend an evening with the Frauds will support them even if Rob smokes crack right in front of them tomorrow and pees on their shoes.

Stop tempting me to pay 300$ to see that! I'm not made of stone you know. Also, David Socknaki David Socknaki Savid Socknaki Savid Docknaki Vasid Kosnaki...hmm, this buzz raising is harder than I thought. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back