840     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 751     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is trying to take ecigs away from you. The issue whether they should be regulated to the same degree (not more) than cigarettes. The biggest concern is that underaged people have legal access to ecigs now and that they can be used anywhere. That is all.

The low-information mayor is blustering on about something that is not being proposed.

They aren't cigarettes, that the major problem here. The only thing they have in common is nicotine, which IS safe at the level being used. That is it. Now if nicotine is the worst aspect, then we can open a can of worms with just what's in our food, to start with. Most of the people I know are using such sophisticated gear that they only need a tiny amount of nicotine.

If they are regulated to the same degree, it will hit vendors, and all of us in Canada very hard, to say the least. For one thing, flavours are crucial and taking these away will be devastating. Restrictions with online sales, restrictions on what can and can not be sold, not being able to sell liquid, not being able to test gear and liquids in stores.

Putting restrictions on vendors will hurt. It's over reacting. It's Big Pharma worried about losing NRT revenue. It's Big Tobacco worried about losing sales. It's the government worried about losing tax $$. It's the anti-smoking campaigners in a panic. No one at Health Canada will look at any of the studies, they just keep saying they don't know enough. Studies are available that prove that young people who don't smoke are not using ecigs. They use outdated information that's been proven wrong over and over again. The mainstream media usually just uses what HC hands them, without investigating, just perpetuating the fear-mongering. Then we have to look at the nasty people with vested interests in killing ecigs who are heavily influencing WHO.

Shit is coming down the line, and lumping ecigs in with smoking bylaws is just the start.

Off-topic:

Evva, if you gave standard Instagram links, instead of links to this vinevideoviewer site, it would be easier for Instagram users to interact with the photos. Just throwing that out there.

As you were, everyone...

fwiw... i don't have an instagram account. that's why i have to use things like vinevideoviewer.

fwiw...

Man 'lucky' to survive shooting: Toronto Police

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/18/man-lucky-to-survive-shooting-toronto-police

but now there's also...

Man dead in Jane-Eglinton double shooting

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/18/man-dead-in-jane-eglinton-shooting

why do we know the name of one of the victims in the 2nd shooting before the name of the victim in the 1st shooting?

24-year-old Olatoyebi Waheed was shot while in a car at Eglinton Ave and Jane St Monday night.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/2014/08/19/update-police-identify-fatal-shooting-victim

is it because they only share the names of those murdered but not the names of those that are wounded?

He may be exaggerating raccoons as some kind of real-life "jagular", but in the 4 or 5 screen caps I could find of RoFo's house, the recycle bins (at least) are parked in front of the garage in all but the oldest (which predates the current bins, I believe). Now I must go and make better use of my time.:rolleyes:

That tells one little or nothing. We live <300 metres from a major ravine. We have it all - racoons, skunks, possums, hares, foxes and once in a while a coyote. Every year there is a least one racoon family that marches through our back yard on a clockwork daily schedule. For all of that, our green box is tipped over maybe 3 or 4 times a year and actually comes unlatched from that maybe once in a year. We have lived here since well before the first green boxes came along and this has always been our experience - and I have not seen or heard anything to suggest that our neighbours' experience is any worse.

I stand by my assessment: he is making up BS 'tales of racoon stand-offs' because he thinks that will make him look like a 'regular guy'. They are no more believable than his claim that he is "the best Dad there is" and his favourite leisure activity is doing laundry (altho' I can conceive that he may sneak in and out of the Grand Hotel through its laundry room). :)

Last edited:
from Comrade Rhonda

Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 5.02.29 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 5.02.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 5.02.29 PM.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 858
Ford on how to improve transit with cost savings:

“Things like eliminating the bottomless council general expense budget and improving the management to staff ratio in top heavy divisions, some as extreme as four-to-one,” he said.

Here's the General expense budget from last year, bottomless it's not, less than a million dollars if it's eliminated completely.

http://app.toronto.ca/tcer2/desktop/council.htm?budgetType=1&year=2013

Notice Mammoliti is one of the HOGS on the Gravy Train.

http://app.toronto.ca/tcer2/desktop/category.htm?year=2013&councillorId=7&budgetType=1&categoryId=7

I wonder how much $$$ those contractors he hired donated to his camping fund.

Like most things Ford says that Ford Nation slop up it's a soundbite with absolutely no basis in reality.

Remember it was R Ford who gave the Council the key to the General Office Ledger....He had to...IIRC R Ford shifted mayor's office cell phone accounts to the general ledger to get around itemized detailing that is required in the Constituent service account. In doing so he opened the General Office account to the rest of the Council to be creative...D Holyday spent months going from Councillor to Councillor trying to put together a behind the scenes deal to keep the genie in the bottle. It didn't work. Councillors who felt harddone by as far staffing went and other saundry things instead brought it to the Council floor and rubbed R Ford's subterfuge in his face....

Uh-oh. They're on bikes now. Shizz iz gettin' real.

raccoons18nw1.JPG

Attachments

• raccoons18nw1.JPG
    raccoons18nw1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 675
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back