840     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 751     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hilarious. Apart from anything else, it really exposes the lie behind the belligerent tough guy act that Mayor Circus Clown so often wears like a cheap suit. Oooh, poor widdle Ford, terrified of the big, bad racoons. I see them all the time in my neighborhood, and they leave you alone if you leave them alone, just as Oriana says.

Remember that this is the guy who called 911 on a middle-aged woman dressed like Xena. It seems like Ford's fear receptors are reversed. Hanging out with gangs and guns, and drug dealers---no problem. But raccoons and comedians? Time to bolt the doors and hide under the covers.

Last edited:
<Video of RoFo, DoFo,and TieDo>

Why does the phrase "washed up" keep coming to mind? I mean all of 'em.

According to unverified gossip at a sports discussion site, TieDo is a superficially charming and friendly man who enjoys the adulation of his fans but who nonetheless is prone to becoming furiously angry with little warning and is (or was) "a fiend for the nose candy".

http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52587

I have no idea whether those accounts of TieDo are true, but if they are then they sure remind me of someone.

Remember - it's Ford. The story is horseshit - he's just making it up in an attempt to appear to be a 'real person'.

Yes, Graeme, Ford's former receptionist, takes the Ford family's garbage out every night. It's the campaign manager's role to fight off racoons.

Last edited:
The harm in it is that the naming of a park has been wasted on Doug Ford Sr based on a 2/3rds phony rationale. The grounds given, aside from vague blather about unspecified community service in Etobicoke (apparently, somehow extending back to before he even lived in Etobicoke), were (1) he was a MPP (true - altho' an unimportant, one-term backbencher), (2) he received a major award from Rotary (false - he got an acknowledgement for a donation, the same as has been handed out to hundreds of thousands of Rotary members) and (3) he swam with Marilyn Bell (false).

And an addition to the first point on this little list: As various people have pointed out, both here and elsewhere, Thug Sr. only managed to become an MPP via the expidient route of buying his way into the Party. There was no merit whatsoever involved on any level. He bought his way into his political 'career,' and (if internet rumors are to be believed) the Cons later dropped him like so much trash the instant his wallet closed up.

Also: (4) He supposedly started Deco all by himself, according to family legend. Which, of course, is also a lie.

I understand how it appears, however to clarify:

1. For thousands of people, it is not a "silly issue". For those that don't smoke or use ecigs, there is zero understanding of the issue, or knowledge that the numbers of users are growing rapidly by the day. Worldwide it's in the millions. If they were taken away from me, I would be devastated. It may seem silly to you, but it is far from silly to us.

2. I don't think the person who posted that comment really wants to vote for Ford. Only one person, out of the many that responded to the post, said he voted for Ford and will again, because Ford "saves him taxes". He was quickly shot down.

3. Before Ford came along, I paid little to no attention to municipal politics. (In speaking with numerous people, I'm not alone on this one. Ford has motivated us to pay attention.) For those that have no interest in politics, all they need is one issue that is very close to their heart to influence their voting decision.

4. The original poster owns an ecig business. I've been looking for work for months now and can verify that the TO labour market is absolutely brutal. This person employs himself and other people. It isn't a "silly issue" to them.

Nobody is trying to take ecigs away from you. The issue whether they should be regulated to the same degree (not more) than cigarettes. The biggest concern is that underaged people have legal access to ecigs now and that they can be used anywhere. That is all.

The low-information mayor is blustering on about something that is not being proposed.

Remember - it's Ford. The story is horseshit - he's just making it up in an attempt to appear to be a 'real person'.

He may be exaggerating raccoons as some kind of real-life "jagular", but in the 4 or 5 screen caps I could find of RoFo's house, the recycle bins (at least) are parked in front of the garage in all but the oldest (which predates the current bins, I believe). Now I must go and make better use of my time.:rolleyes:

And an addition to the first point on this little list: As various people have pointed out, both here and elsewhere, Thug Sr. only managed to become an MPP via the expidient route of buying his way into the Party. There was no merit whatsoever involved on any level. He bought his way into his political 'career,' and (if internet rumors are to be believed) the Cons later dropped him like so much trash the instant his wallet closed up.

Also: (4) He supposedly started Deco all by himself, according to family legend. Which, of course, is also a lie.

No kidding. One measly term as a backbencher. And yet they managed to, rather successfully, spin all that into the story of A Lifetime Of Service. As if we don't see it for what it really is: a sick, awful attempt to make their dreams for power and influence come true, while deflecting from the fact that ALL FOUR CHILDREN were drug users and criminals.

And you know, they did a pretty good job, ffs.

Along the same lines, I would have liked to see a journo in the scrum ask Rob if it's OK for him to claim mileage for his vehicle from the city while dumping on metropasses for counillors.

we even paid for his vehicle mileage and maintenance while he was in 'rehab'!

just 'cause i feel we haven't seen him in a while...

doug with Paul Saracino...

10632147_706056839466624_1241490781_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/790590715158145974_23738657

Attachments

• 10632147_706056839466624_1241490781_n.jpg
    10632147_706056839466624_1241490781_n.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 801
Ford on how to improve transit with cost savings:

“Things like eliminating the bottomless council general expense budget and improving the management to staff ratio in top heavy divisions, some as extreme as four-to-one,” he said.

Here's the General expense budget from last year, bottomless it's not, less than a million dollars if it's eliminated completely.

http://app.toronto.ca/tcer2/desktop/council.htm?budgetType=1&year=2013

Notice Mammoliti is one of the HOGS on the Gravy Train.

http://app.toronto.ca/tcer2/desktop/category.htm?year=2013&councillorId=7&budgetType=1&categoryId=7

I wonder how much $$$ those contractors he hired donated to his camping fund.

Like most things Ford says that Ford Nation slop up it's a soundbite with absolutely no basis in reality.

Off-topic:

Evva, if you gave standard Instagram links, instead of links to this vinevideoviewer site, it would be easier for Instagram users to interact with the photos. Just throwing that out there.

As you were, everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back