885     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 791     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 583     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing for the hydrant to be located unusually far from the curb, but that photo leads me, once again, to wonder why the sidewalks on University are so freaking wide.

Because there's a huge amount of pedestrians on University Avenue and usually half the sidewalk is taken up by construction scaffolding. It is also on of the nicest street in Toronto.

It's one thing for the hydrant to be located unusually far from the curb, but that photo leads me, once again, to wonder why the sidewalks on University are so freaking wide.

Of course Rob Ford's plan to paint the exclusion zones on curbs would fix the problem. Did anything happen with that after his photo op?

Since Kelly also received the email, wouldn't he have called security and then the cops? There is no way he didn't see the email 12 or so hours after it was sent.

Warmington
Mayor Rob Ford worried about others in bomb scare
TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford was more worried about everybody else’s safety.
When I got him on the phone, that was his focus.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/11/mayor-rob-ford-worried-about-others-in-bomb-scare

"I'm surprised RoFo didn't cut the red wire with 0:01 on the clock in a press scrum"
https://twitter.com/scmusicpolitics/status/498979575612076032

With appropriate dramatic music from the overhead speakers.

As for Warmington: There are a million columnists I dislike or disagree with and I respect them to varying degrees. I've never seen anyone go so far into someone else's pocket. I'm sure he sleeps fine at night, knowing we're all discussing his "exclusive" interviews. But when Ford is gone he won't have them anymore and we won't be clicking over to read them. whatever opinions he might have about Mayor Chow or Tory will be meaningless and I expect he'll go from total to absolutely zero access to whoever it is. Ergo, he will be useless as a journalist which, despite his claims of innocence, is what his job is supposed to be when he writing for a newspaper. He's entitled to an opinion as a columnist, but he is not entitled to disregard certain basic ethics.

Bang on. Obviously he couldn't care less about anything as parochial as "ethics" as long as he knows people are reading and the pageview numbers keep climbing. Knows he's a hack, knows he's a shitty writer, doesn't care. But he's fucked himself into a corner and I think he's at least canny enough to know that too. When Rob's out of the picture, what other pol is going to go to Joe Warmington to get their story out? I look forward to watching his rapid slide into Nowheresville.

Because there's a huge amount of pedestrians on University Avenue and usually half the sidewalk is taken up by construction scaffolding. It is also on of the nicest street in Toronto.

I would agree with the scaffolding part and its status as one of the nicest streets, but I've never found it to be crowded at all. There's no end of excuses as to why we couldn't have bike lanes (or even taxi bays!) and yet narrowing these very generous sidewalks never comes up for discussion.

Of course Rob Ford's plan to paint the exclusion zones on curbs would fix the problem. Did anything happen with that after his photo op?

The paint faded and flaked off - does that count as something happening?

Classic Fordian empty gesture, no real vision.

I would agree with the scaffolding part and its status as one of the nicest streets, but I've never found it to be crowded at all. There's no end of excuses as to why we couldn't have bike lanes (or even taxi bays!) and yet narrowing these very generous sidewalks never comes up for discussion.

Personally I don't see University as an issue in any way. It's one of the best arteries in the downtown core. I would spend cash on all the other streets first.

Ah. The second boot drops.

TPS called in the bomb threat, then sent in leftie patrician hipster dogs who failed to find the bombs. Then Chief Blair serves Doug. Can the subpoena be far behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back