121     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 973     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 883     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blame goes everywhere - the city, the feds, the province, the OPP, the TPS and all those cops from other cities who volunteered for head-cracking duty. The temporary detention centre on Eastern Avenue was Blair's mess (as was the Queen's Park head cracking Saturday afternoon). The Sunday night downpour kettling was, I believe that fascist pig Fantino's last "F-YOU" to Toronto as OPP Commissioner (just before he resigned to run for Harper's government). The secret law was on the provincial Liberals. Harpo forcing a full G20 on Toronto with minimal preparation time. And City Council - pretty much all of them, Miller included - voting on a stupid motion to support the Toronto police right after that disaster.

I recall Tony Clement bumping the G8 to the G20 without checking to see if it could be accommodated . Here in Muskoka we all got street beautification as a bribe, even in towns where no events would be held. The money spent boggles the mind.

What is with the Ford's penchant for threats and police when something is in the pipeline? What purpose does it serve? It seems so strange.

I blamed Blair hard for the G20 debacle at the time, but I have a bit more sympathy for him now, especially since otherwise he's proved to be a pretty decent and open person, IMO. I think he was in a really though spot, and that he and Mcguinty were really in over their heads. I agree that it was ultimately Harper who is responsible for putting the G20 in Down town Toronto to begin with. The result was entirely predictable.

Generally I'm not a huge fan of lawsuits but I think that Blair's defamation suit is a great idea. Doug has been spewing toxic shit with impunity. I'm all for using any legal tools to stick it to these guys.

Last edited:
Andray Domise tweeted from Etobicoke York Community Council. Doug is there. Domise said he didn't look like a happy camper. Oh, and "At the moment, he's railing against trees. ... Trees."

old-man-cloud.jpg

Can we talk a bit more about the bomb threat note?

When did Doug say he received/found it - the night before? By e-mail?

The note says the sender sent Rob an e-mail at city hall (where he never reads his own e-mail, right?) giving him 12 hours to resign. Twelve hours as of what time?

And then the note says both Rob and Doug have 24 hours to vacatge city hall. Again, starting when?

The phrasing of the note is odd, almost non-native: 'because of your brother as mayor' ... 'I have already set up explosive around' ... 'Since you guys been back'.

And whoever wrote it didn't bother with spellcheck, but does have the habit of putting two spaces after each period.

Someone really didn't think this one through.

What is with the Ford's penchant for threats and police when something is in the pipeline? What purpose does it serve? It seems so strange.

I think some of it is a defense mechanism, but I think some of it is also the Texas sharpshooter fallacy in action. The Fords say stupid, inflammatory shit nearly every single day & some sort of scandal happens with them every couple of weeks. It's easy to draw up a pattern.

That just means he's paying his lawyer personally. Doug can still go to the city to cover his
legal costs, and this is still taking up time and resources for TPS and Ford's office, plus Blair and Ford themselves. Of course, we're already paying Doug not to do his work so this doesn't change much.

But remember Doug said he's "donating his entire salary to charity" or some such BS.

Playing for sympathy. Oh, look at poor Rob/Doug, just trying to save taxpayers from the gravy train and the downtown pinko elite won't let him do his job!

Fits very nicely with Doug's claim towards the media that 'you guys want to kill us ... politically' or whatever it was.

Andray Domise tweeted from Etobicoke York Community Council. Doug is there. Domise said he didn't look like a happy camper. Oh, and "At the moment, he's railing against trees. ... Trees."

Trees are a prime source of paper. What gets printed on paper? Subpoenas. Put the dots together.

Then again, paper's handy for when you want to fake a bomb threat, so we need some trees, I guess. Also for cups at Timmies. But not trees that just stand around in parks wasting money.

Playing for sympathy. Oh, look at poor Rob/Doug, just trying to save taxpayers from the gravy train and the downtown pinko elite won't let him do his job!

Fits very nicely with Doug's claim towards the media that 'you guys want to kill us ... politically' or whatever it was.

agreed. it's a distraction tactic and a play to the base.

the great, great thing about this is that the media and the court of public opinion don't matter one whit in this lawsuit. at this point i wouldn't care if the fords had all kinds of sympathy, i just want to see doug held to account for his shitty behaviour.

chapeau, bill blair. now light a fire under brazen 2, while you're at it!

Folks, nobody has done more for trees than Rob Ford... expecially trees beside public schools in Etobicoke.

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba Aug 1
Doug Ford responds to threat of legal action: "If the police dept didn't and they're the only ppl that knew, then who did. The tooth fairy?"

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba Aug 1
Doug Ford responds to threat of legal action: "If the police dept didn't and they're the only ppl that knew, then who did. The tooth fairy?"

Since the Crown issues subpoenas, then someone working for the Crown perhaps?
Doug truly is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back