860     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 771     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 576     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had a chance to follow up on the bomb scare, but I would not be surprised if "an acquaintance" of Ford called it in. Just enough distance to create plausible deniability. Rally support behind the commander and chief, like after 9/11.

Also was city hall even open today? What if a bomb did go off, killing countless city employees?! The second the cops were made aware of that email, that entire block should have been evacuated.

Haven't had a chance to follow up on the bomb scare, but I would not be surprised if "an acquaintance" of Ford called it in. Just enough distance to create plausible deniability. Rally support behind the commander and chief, like after 9/11.

Also was city hall even open today? What if a bomb did go off, killing countless city employees?! The second the cops were made aware of that email, that entire block should have been evacuated.

It was indeed open. Do we know when the police were notified because they didn't show up till after noon.

Last edited:
Warmington
Mayor Rob Ford worried about others in bomb scare
TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford was more worried about everybody else’s safety.
When I got him on the phone, that was his focus.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/11/mayor-rob-ford-worried-about-others-in-bomb-scare
My favourite part is where Rob shows a deep and meaningful understanding of the damage he has done to the taxpayers of Toronto:

"Ford is perplexed why he is on the receiving end of such hate. “I don’t know what I have done to offend so many people,” he said.

He knows his alcohol and drug issues received global attention, but feels that should not drive anybody to wish him dead or out of office before the election."

“I don’t know what I have done to offend so many people,†he said.

He knows his alcohol and drug issues received global attention, but feels that should not drive anybody to wish him dead or out of office before the election."

Who knows, maybe a little drunken country pumpkin who's been ignored or one of his many "friends" such as "Big Mac Sack attack Bellisimo" or "Beaten till he cried like a bitch" Lisi finally snapped, not to mention past drug dealers he's fucked over, aka Scott MacIntyre, the list is really endless as far as I can see. I doubt it'll be some random nutter, more like someone he knows going off on a drunken threat thinking it would be kept quiet.

Who knows, maybe a little drunken country pumpkin who's been ignored or one of his many "friends" such as "Big Mac Sack attack Bellisimo" or "Beaten till he cried like a bitch" Lisi finally snapped, not to mention past drug dealers he's fucked over, aka Scott MacIntyre, the list is really endless as far as I can see. I doubt it'll be some random nutter, more like someone he knows going off on a drunken threat thinking it would be kept quiet.

Yeah, but the comment about the other councillor is just odd - none of Rob's personal enemies give a shit about politics.

Rob was SO concerned about the welfare of others he didn't bother to show up to work until noon and then held a press conference and it was most likely then that he notified police. Yup, that's concern.

With every new column, my hate for Joe Wormtongue grows.

Or a financially cut off, toothbrush stealing sister...

Warmington
Mayor Rob Ford worried about others in bomb scare
TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford was more worried about everybody else’s safety.
When I got him on the phone, that was his focus.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/11/mayor-rob-ford-worried-about-others-in-bomb-scare
Sorry Warmington but that is total BS. If Rob really cared, or if he thought people were really in danger, he would have given that threat to TPS ASAP and ensured that City Hall was evacuated. Blustering in, late as usual, and reading a bomb threat does not mean you have people's safety in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back